Photo

How To Extract The Loaf From My Breadmaker Tin.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Madmitch

Madmitch

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 04:33 PM

So, in days gone by when things were simpler we had a breadmaker with one paddle and the loaf would fall out of the tin with little more than a gentle shake.  For the last couple of years we have had a much cleverer machine with two paddles and extracting the loaf from this tin is always a trial of strength and patience.  I shake and shake and eventually it will fall out but usually with the underside in tatters.  However, my shaking eventually wrecked the seal on one of the paddle shafts, the seal split apart and the shaft fell on the floor!  The tin was replaced under warranty but as the replacement is exactly the same design I guess in time this will fail too.  What is the solution, how do people get their loaf out of the tin?  

#2 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 05:11 PM

I just go to Greggs

#3 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 06:01 PM

:lol:
Wtf is this place coming to?

#4 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 07:44 PM

Mod it😋 haven't you ever taken a VX battery out!

Edited by Sutol, 25 November 2018 - 07:44 PM.

#5 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 08:02 PM

:lol:
Wtf is this place coming to?

Come on you've seen SELCOCK. People asking for advice because their kids been pushed over, people moaning because their Ocado driver squashed their persimon, people asking for advice on what trainers to buy. Anyway perhaps getting your loaf out of your tin is a euphemism.

Edited by fiveoclock, 25 November 2018 - 08:03 PM.

#6 allsteel

allsteel

• PipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Winning lottery tickets,scantily clad women,real ale poured with a head,modified cars,great guitar playing.

Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:04 PM

I'm sure one of the fuel tax demonstrators will know. If not, ask a French farmer, they're always causing sh*t.

#7 hairy

hairy

Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,829 posts
  • Interests:cars, beer, nature

Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:06 PM

Have you tried leaving it upside down? Condensation should build up inside and help it free.

#8 Madmitch

Madmitch

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:27 PM

Well, I'm pleased to see that at least somebody is taking this matter seriously!  After all, those of you living in the elegant environs of Billingshurst and Kingston-upon-Thames (where I was born to the mellow drone of Doodlebugs) should be aware of the need for an unsullied loaf from which to cut a thin slice for your Salmon and Cucumber sarni ! 

Thank you Hairy for your interest, I have in fact tried the condensation cure but was uncomfortable at the soggy bottom situation that resulted.  

Hopefully some wise person here will have a solution to this pressing problem...……...

#9 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:05 PM

Well, I'm pleased to see that at least somebody is taking this matter seriously!  After all, those of you living in the elegant environs of Billingshurst and Kingston-upon-Thames (where I was born to the mellow drone of Doodlebugs) should be aware of the need for an unsullied loaf from which to cut a thin slice for your Salmon and Cucumber sarni ! 

Thank you Hairy for your interest, I have in fact tried the condensation cure but was uncomfortable at the soggy bottom situation that resulted.  

Hopefully some wise person here will have a solution to this pressing problem...……...

I live 50m from this

http://www.blueplaqu...63#.W_scf_Z2v3w

#10 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:30 PM

Well, I'm pleased to see that at least somebody is taking this matter seriously! After all, those of you living in the elegant environs of Billingshurst and Kingston-upon-Thames (where I was born to the mellow drone of Doodlebugs) should be aware of the need for an unsullied loaf from which to cut a thin slice for your Salmon and Cucumber sarni !

To get a battery that hasn't got a handle out of a VX, it is a well known fact that straps placed around the battery whilst installing can aid extraction when necessary. Perhaps you could do the same to solve your loaf problem. Unless of course you can incoroirate a handle in said loaf.

#11 Madmitch

Madmitch

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:34 PM

That's amazing, I didn't know there had been a V2 in Kingston.  My father was working for Fairey Aviation in Heston for the first years of the war, he was Chief Draughtsman there, before moving to High Duty Alloys on the Slough Trading Estate where he was involved in developing the early high temperature turbine blades for the first axial flow gas turbines which would follow the Ghost and Goblin, both centrifugal flow, I still have two prototype blades here.  Anyway, my parents rented in Cippenham, near Slough, for the duration and there we had a V1 in the chicken run apparently, I was too young to remember that!

#12 Madmitch

Madmitch

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:45 PM

Well, I'm pleased to see that at least somebody is taking this matter seriously! After all, those of you living in the elegant environs of Billingshurst and Kingston-upon-Thames (where I was born to the mellow drone of Doodlebugs) should be aware of the need for an unsullied loaf from which to cut a thin slice for your Salmon and Cucumber sarni !

To get a battery that hasn't got a handle out of a VX, it is a well known fact that straps placed around the battery whilst installing can aid extraction when necessary. Perhaps you could do the same to solve your loaf problem. Unless of course you can incoroirate a handle in said loaf.

I did wonder about this but the two paddles are very close to the bottom of the tin and their arcs cover pretty much the entire length and breadth of the bottom of the tin so possible I'm sure but not a quick fix. 

#13 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:51 PM

You shake and shake, and yout underside is left in tatters.... :gayfight:

#14 Madmitch

Madmitch

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 04:16 PM

You shake and shake, and yout underside is left in tatters.... :gayfight:

Embarrasing to admit this on top of the condensation too....................

#15 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:00 PM

As with anything entry or exit related have you tried a little lube? Marg on the paddles should do it.

Are you impressed I managed not to discuss the shaft?

Edited by FLD, 30 November 2018 - 01:01 PM.

#16 Madmitch

Madmitch

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 04:12 PM

As with anything entry or exit related have you tried a little lube? Marg on the paddles should do it.

Are you impressed I managed not to discuss the shaft?

Nothing about buns and ovens either!  Have you taken the pledge...…………..

I did try buttering the shafts (Last Tango in Paris style) but I think the heat probably melted it because it made no difference - unlike the film...……...

#17 Munching Mike

Munching Mike

• Pip
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 10:25 PM

I used to have difficulty getting the bread out of the tin.   I now own a Panasonic breadmaker;  the tin has more of a taper than on my first breadmaker (Morphy Richards), and the bread falls out with little effort.  

#18 Madmitch

Madmitch

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 11:34 PM

This one is pretty straight sided so maybe that is not helping, reshaping the tin is not really practical though!  The Panasonic is meant to be the real deal I believe.

#19 Raptor

Raptor

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:13 PM

I also have a Panasonic machine but only use it for making the dough now - I prefer to use a good longer loaf tin and bake in the oven.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users