62 replies to this topic

#1 Krusty

Krusty

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:23 PM

Attended Bedford today to check car is ok,
I have repacked the exhaust and have an enclosed air filter. Static noise test at 4500rpm was 88db, what a result I thought. Went to do a couple of laps to warm the car up so was taking it very easy, second lap black waving pointing at me. Had to go in for a chat, I was very close to the limit on the noise meter after the pits. So I now know where all the meters are. 2 more easy laps, black flag again, triggered different noise meter, over limit, sent home. The car is supercharged but has been to Bedford 5/6 times and has been fine. Apparently new meters installed 18 months ago my last visit was 2 years ago.
I would say if you supercharged you've got no chance of getting round unless you drive really carefully at 30 miles an hour and don't rev above 2000. Looks like my place at the national will be up for sale unless there is a solution

#2 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:35 PM

sounds normal 

had the same a few years ago 

#3 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• 13,727 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:37 PM

at least the national is not there 

OH wait it is 

lol

#4 leevx2.2

leevx2.2

Turbo's are for girls and throttle bodies are too slow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts
  • Interests:Taking apart vx220s for fun
    getting p!!sed
    genraly playing with large power tools

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:27 PM

For this reason I will not be going lol

who is up for Anglesey 

Edited by leevx2.2, 25 February 2019 - 06:27 PM.

#5 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:41 PM

what you want is a nice quiet honda :lol:

#6 fatwomble

fatwomble

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:49 PM

Shame, I was hoping to get one before the National so I could attend. I suppose I could still go in the MX5, not quiet the same though.

#7 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:23 PM

what you want is a nice quiet honda :lol:

It is only quiet because it doesn't run. :gayfight:

#8 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:08 PM

Do the noise meters register cars cutting the grass? 🤔

Edited by rob999, 25 February 2019 - 08:08 PM.

#9 markanswrth

markanswrth

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:44 PM

Haha. Glad I've just signed up then.... not!

#10 Matt_182

Matt_182

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:05 PM

Is this noise from the SC, exhaust or both? Surely fitting an enclosed filter immediately reduces most/all SC noise? Then it's just the exhaust to deal with.

#11 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:10 PM

FFS I have to say that if I drive all the way down from Scotland to be black flagged I'll be like a 3 year old whaling in the Tesco sweetie aisle "it's not fair".

In all seriousness if you're going to go to all the hassle and bother of organising a National meet what is the fooking point doing it at a track so restrictive / sensitive to noise?

#12 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:23 PM

In all seriousness if you're going to go to all the hassle and bother of organising a National meet what is the fooking point doing it at a track so restrictive / sensitive to noise?

In all seriousness, how about you fuck right off?

#13 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:26 PM

I have repacked the exhaust and have an enclosed air filter. Static noise test at 4500rpm was 88db, what a result I thought. Went to do a couple of laps to warm the car up so was taking it very easy, second lap black waving pointing at me. Had to go in for a chat, I was very close to the limit on the noise meter after the pits. So I now know where all the meters are. 2 more easy laps, black flag again, triggered different noise meter, over limit, sent home. The car is supercharged but has been to Bedford 5/6 times and has been fine. Apparently new meters installed 18 months ago my last visit was 2 years ago.
I would say if you supercharged you've got no chance of getting round unless you drive really carefully at 30 miles an hour and don't rev above 2000. Looks like my place at the national will be up for sale unless there is a solution

Did you bother reading the post that I linked to in your other thread? Sounds like you didn’t.

#14 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:33 PM

at least the national is not there

OH wait it is
lol

Thought you’d already said your piece? Or are you just enjoying stirring up shit again?

#15 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:37 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

foxy i think you need to change your tampon :lol:

#16 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:49 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

foxy i think you need to change your tampon :lol:

:lol: You can stfu too! :finger:

:P

#17 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:55 PM

stupid location for a trackday... i think the organiser should pay for everyone who gets kicked off...   :huh:  :huh:

#18 Krusty

Krusty

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:57 PM

Did you bother reading the post that I linked to in your other thread? Sounds like you didn’t.
Yes I did read it and took on board what you said, I'm just really surprised that how slow I was going and deemed to be too noisy, I've done everything I can think of to be comply with their noise restrictions but it is now just unachievable in an sc car

#19 Krusty

Krusty

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:01 PM

Is this noise from the SC, exhaust or both? Surely fitting an enclosed filter immediately reduces most/all SC noise? Then it's just the exhaust to deal with.

At 88db static when the limit is 100db it's definitely not the exhaust, it's the wine of the supercharger. I thought the enclosed filter would help but obviously not.

#20 Krusty

Krusty

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:04 PM

Just to add that they said as there was no wind it makes noise more of a problem as I assume it doesn't blow it away!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users