• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 Nelpo

Nelpo

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Impractical cars, scale modelling, rc planes

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:50 PM

I found the seal sort of naturally wants to sit in one position when you're sticking it down. 

I wiggled it around a bit without removing the backing from the adhesive so I could feel where it wanted to sit. I took a few pictures before taking the old seal off and this also helped me figure out where the new one was supposed to stick on. 

Yes I was quite pleased with how the dash plates turned out. Getting a good finish is purely down to patience... The paint is very textured once it has dried, all of this texture has to be sanded away and then polished back up. If you put enough layers of lacquer on then it's just a case of sitting down and spending a couple of hours getting the finish right!

#42 Nelpo

Nelpo

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Impractical cars, scale modelling, rc planes

Posted 16 June 2019 - 04:57 PM

After a serious brown trousers moment at Snetterton - I have fitted an ABS cutoff switch.

I got a rocker switch from Halfords and spliced it into the ABS connector. I got some fabric loom wrap to neaten it all up afterwards. Really happy with how this turned out.

VHSqylD.jpg?1

gdualhE.jpg?1

Might CAD up the plate the switch is mounted on and get it lasered out of aluminium as then I could have it etched with a diagram of which way is on/off for the switch. But for now it's more than adequate. 

For anyone thinking of tracking their VX I would strongly advise completing this mod beforehand. I was very luckily to not have a serious accident. I got a hard pedal on the Snetterton infield, luckily the guy who had been holding me up for 2 laps let me past just before this happened. I used engine braking to slow down as much as possible and luckily there is loads of run-off at Snett! No damage done, I cut the yellow ABS wire and carried on for the rest of the evening. 

Edited by Nelpo, 16 June 2019 - 05:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users