I only bought it for one summer. 14 years ago and now its gone
Location:Rustington, West Sussex
Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:12 AM
Seems we should have done Zandvoort as our euro trip this year as by next year, as next year the price will have gone up for the track days, hotel prices will raise and the tracks charm probably filtered down.
I hope I'm wrong as its always been so much fun there.
Not sure prices will rise that much for regular trackdays.
We are not a trackday focussed country, and cpz has been struggeling to stay alive so far.
They will be making the following changes (For this year)
- Start/finish will move up a bit, so audience can see the full grid at start.
- Straight will be widened 1.5 meters.
- Run off at Gerlach will be widened.
- Hugenholtz corner will be widened.
- Second part of Audi-S will be widened.
- Arie Luyendijk will be set to more off camber, so drs could start allready in that corner.
My impression of the announced changes.
Jimmy ran a simulation, and overtaking should only be "easy" on the long straight, and just before the audi-s.
All the rest will require bravery and chances of damage.
Would have to agree with the guy in the video, having done both tracks, Barcelona is much bigger and wider than zandvoort and more suited to exploit all the potential of an F1 car than zandvoort currently but I wish them well, hopefully the changes will improve further the zandvoort experience for us little people when we attend.