Reluctant sale of my Europa Blue 2003 VX220, which I’ve owned for nearly 11 years, due to lack of use. Its always been a second or third car so not subjected to daily use, which is borne out by the lack of wear on the seat bolsters.
Use has been long distance holidays (Le Mans half a dozen times, long Euro trips etc) and track days, and maintained accordingly, ensuring regular servicing and oil changes between track days. This car has been fastidiously maintained mechanically with the damping set up to be nicely compliant for road and easy to firm up on the dampers for track while maintaining predictable handling.
I am the third owner, having bought it in 2008 with 17k miles on the clock and full Vauxhall service history. Since I’ve owned it all servicing has been taken care of by Guglielmi Motorsport. Mileage currently sits at approx. 45k mikes.
Between 2014 and 2016 the car was off the road following the birth of our daughter, after which a full re-commissioning service was carried out at Guglielmi. Details of which are in the service history breakdown.
The car is very presentable, but the bodywork does carry a few blemishes which include the usual stoke chips on the front, slight osmosis bubbling on the rear deck and some damage to the inner when arches caused by flicked up rubber on a Silverstone track day which hadn’t been cleared from a previous GT Cup race. Its well above average for VX of this age.
Last service picked up a slight play in the steering rack, which wasn’t replaced due to time constraints. If full price is paid Ill get this taken care of along with a new service.
Recently it received a suspension over-hall which included replacement of all bushes, ball joints etc as well as refurbishment of the Nitron dampers. Full spec below:
Suspension & Brakes:
- Geo set up and regularly checked by Guglielmi Motorsports
- Nitron NTR adjustable shocks with spring rates of 350 front and 425 rear. Full re-build by Nitron Sept 2017. Nitron service record card present.
- Suspension re-fresh carried out Sept 2017 including new bushes all round, drop links, rod ends, bolts etc and arms shot blasted and coated
- Grooved discs with Mintex 1155 pads
- Front callipers re-build with Elise parts kit last Winter
- Braided Goodridge hoses
- Recent new brake master cylinder
- ABS disable switch
- Stage 2 plus mapping by Courtney Sport at 245 bhp and 298 lbf
- AET hybrid turbo
- 2bular 3’’ full stainless exhaust system
- Courtenay Sport stainless intake pipe
- Courtenay Sport lightweight flywheel
- Courtenay Sport fast road clutch
- Bailey re-circ dump valve
- MMG lightweight underdrive pulley
- VX220.org high flow top hat
- Gearbox breather system
- Vibratechnics engine and gearbox mounts (4 total)
- Compomotive ‘Speedline-alike’ five spoke wheels from VX220.ork first group buy, 17’’ rear and 16’’ front. Some marks and could do with a re-furb.
- Toyo R1R tyres
- Fabric seats with minimal wear to drivers bolster
- Stack boost gauge
- Storage pockets
- Pioneer head unit
- JL Audio speakers
- Momo alloy gear knob
- Shortened gear lever to provide additional knee space
- Recently refreshed seat bases
- Drivers side sill cover cracked
- VX220.org group buy roof storage bag
- Indoor and outdoor car covers available
- Shower cap available
- C Tek trickle charger available
- Both original sets of keys, red code card, owners manual, leather wallet, service book etc are present and correct. Even present is the salesmans business card.
- A collection of original VX220 brochures come with the car
- De-badged front and rear
- 2018 Sept: Annual service – Guglielmi
- 2017 Sept: Annual service – Guglielmi, including:
- Suspension re-fresh inc. all bushes and joints, bolts and components shot blasted and plated
- Oil service
- 2016 Aug: Re-commissioning service – Guglielmi, including:
- New alloy radiator
- Silicone hoses
- All new fluids
- New discs and pads
- New spark plugs and coil packs
- New tyres all round
- Check geo
- 2013 Feb: Annual service – Guglielmi
- 2012 Oct: Interim oil service
- 2012 April: Annual service – Guglielmi, including:
- Hybris turbo re-build
- Fitment of Nitron NTR suspension
- 2011 March: Annual service – Guglielmi
- 2010 Nov: Interim oil service
- 2010 July: Interim oil service
- 2010 April: Annual service & fit alloy radiator – Guglielmi
- 2009 June: Annual service – Guglielmi
- 2008 Sept: Annual service – Vauxhall Phoenix Purley
- 2007 Aug: Annual service – Vauxhall Whitmores
- 2006 Aug: Annual service – Vauxhall Whitmores
- 2004 Sept: Annual service – Vauxhall Whitmores
- 2003 Sept: Delivery inspection service – Vauxhall Whitmores
Pics on the PH ad here: https://www.pistonhe...---2003/9689483