Camshaft Sensor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Steviejay

Steviejay

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:02 AM

does the vx220 turbo have a camshaft sensor and a crankshaft sensor? whenever I look online it seems to have two different sensors one looks like a blade which I presume fits at the top of the engine the other is a sensor which looks like a cylinder does the turbo have both because last week I had problem starting the car it was struggling to catch and when it did it was hunting and then died several times I also had a p0340 camshaft sensor no signal fault and a camshaft sensor position and range fault

#2 iram

iram

• Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 07:02 AM

Yes. It has both as you describe

#3 Steviejay

Steviejay

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 07:25 AM

I had an auxiliary pump failure too.
And blown fuse for it.

Plus the errors above.

When starting the car it would just try to turn over 6-7 times...catch....run lumpy for 2-3 seconds then die with a POP from the exhaust.

Did that about 6 times then finally started and idled ok when I sat and kept the revs above 2-3k

It's now had a new Aux Pump and fuse and they are doing the camshaft sensor today.

Does that sound like the sort of issue that would cause the car to struggle to start and idle?

Praying the parts on the fault log that have been replaced will solve it.
Just looking for advice before I pick it up as I need to make sure it's sorted for Monday as I have a trip planned in it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users