8 replies to this topic

#1 dstarz7

dstarz7

• Pip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:Plastic cars

Posted 30 July 2019 - 11:30 AM

Hi Chaps, 

I'm thinking about planning a Euro Hoon next year - A week / 10 days approx, later in the summer. 

Does anyone have any suggested routes / destinations they've done themselves in their VX's?

I did do a Northern Europe trip a few years ago through France / Germany / Holland stopping at Reims, the Ring etc. 

Hoping to do more southern France / Northern Italy and find some good driving roads.

Suggestions welcome. 

Cheers!

#2 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:30 PM

give yourself more time , hotels are a lot cheaper in Italy , likewise stay just over the border France/Italy before going to Switzerland

french motorways expensive , german autobahn , free and fast

austria lovely , same for dolomites

livigno, tax haven , cheapest petrol in europe , also Luxembourg good to fillup

if you are going near the lakes , I can definately recommend this place near lake garda "Villa Fenaroli Palace 4-star hotel Rezzato", very cheap and fantastic for weekdays

#3 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:53 PM

Slovenia is also awesome, as I found out a couple of months ago.

#4 ICD

ICD

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 01:13 PM

Hi Chaps, 

I'm thinking about planning a Euro Hoon next year - A week / 10 days approx, later in the summer. 

Does anyone have any suggested routes / destinations they've done themselves in their VX's?

I did do a Northern Europe trip a few years ago through France / Germany / Holland stopping at Reims, the Ring etc. 

Hoping to do more southern France / Northern Italy and find some good driving roads.

Suggestions welcome. 

Cheers!

Just come back from 12 days ....each stop start is at an Airbnb, all highly recommended

SATURDAY Dunkirk, France to Münsingen, Germany - Google Maps

Munsinghen to Imst Austria via Alps passes

then  3 days Speed weekend with 45 other car meet, all starting and stopping from Imst, Austria..Italy, Germany and major passes around

pick up passenger from Zurich airport on the wednesday

WEDNESDAY Imst, Austria to Melchnaustrasse 28 - Google Maps.

THURSDAY Melchnaustrasse 28 to Kandersteg, Switzerland - Google Maps

Swiss Alps Italian border

FRIDAY Kandersteg, Switzerland to 1 Place de Saint-Jean - Google Maps

Normandy beaches

SATURDAY 1 Place de Saint-Jean to Cambremer, 14340, France - Google Maps

SUNDAY TO LE HARVE PORT Cambremer, 14340, France to Le Havre, 76600 Le Havre, France - Google Maps

as Sizeten says...dont rush and miss things...suggest 1/2 days driving and 1/2 days sightseeing...max 250k per day and attempt to co -ordinate a great day..this year we saw Mark Knophler in concert in Swiss hilltop village..only 3000 in audience outside, overlooking mountains

#5 dstarz7

dstarz7

• Pip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:Plastic cars

Posted 31 July 2019 - 09:33 AM

give yourself more time , hotels are a lot cheaper in Italy , likewise stay just over the border France/Italy before going to Switzerland

french motorways expensive , german autobahn , free and fast

austria lovely , same for dolomites

livigno, tax haven , cheapest petrol in europe , also Luxembourg good to fillup

if you are going near the lakes , I can definately recommend this place near lake garda "Villa Fenaroli Palace 4-star hotel Rezzato", very cheap and fantastic for weekdays

Good idea on giving more time.

Slovenia is also awesome, as I found out a couple of months ago.

Nice one Nev!

Hi Chaps, 

Suggestions welcome. 

Cheers!

Just come back from 12 days ....each stop start is at an Airbnb, all highly recommended

SATURDAY Dunkirk, France to Münsingen, Germany - Google Maps

Munsinghen to Imst Austria via Alps passes

then  3 days Speed weekend with 45 other car meet, all starting and stopping from Imst, Austria..Italy, Germany and major passes around

pick up passenger from Zurich airport on the wednesday

WEDNESDAY Imst, Austria to Melchnaustrasse 28 - Google Maps.

THURSDAY Melchnaustrasse 28 to Kandersteg, Switzerland - Google Maps

Swiss Alps Italian border

FRIDAY Kandersteg, Switzerland to 1 Place de Saint-Jean - Google Maps

Normandy beaches

SATURDAY 1 Place de Saint-Jean to Cambremer, 14340, France - Google Maps

SUNDAY TO LE HARVE PORT Cambremer, 14340, France to Le Havre, 76600 Le Havre, France - Google Maps

as Sizeten says...dont rush and miss things...suggest 1/2 days driving and 1/2 days sightseeing...max 250k per day and attempt to co -ordinate a great day..this year we saw Mark Knophler in concert in Swiss hilltop village..only 3000 in audience outside, overlooking mountains

Ideal, thanks for the info! 

Has there ever been a EuroHoon as such? Similar to a HighlandHoon?

#6 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 09:53 AM

There’s been 2 or 3 in the mid 2000’s arranged by European Speedster groups that .org were invited on.

One through Luxembourg which ended with a trip to the Ring
One In the south of France with a base of Cavalaire-sur-Mer, where one of the drives took in the Monte Carlo Rally route
Plus a couple of French meets arranged with the French/Swiss Speedster club.

If you search for “Gran Turismo Riviera” or “GTR Riviera Tour” the threads still come up

Edited by PaulCP, 31 July 2019 - 10:00 AM.

#7 ICD

ICD

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:38 AM

There is an Italian group that meet on a fairly regular basis, see facebook

I go down to a Lotus / Speedster / 220 meet in Austria most years, its limited to 45 cars (over 80 apply!), split into groups of 8 for driving.

Everything is arranged for the 3 days, hotel base,  tolls , meals etc. Date has already been made for next year.

Registration required, and by invite only, have made many friends over the years, cars from all over Europe and this year one from USA and Greece!

#8 pete-r

pete-r

I never drive faster than I can see

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 11:42 AM

The Alps are great but the Black Forest is even better IMHO.

Did one a few years back via Grenoble, Monaco, Genoa, Milan, Bormio and Freiburg.

Took in a bunch of passes, the lakes etc.

#9 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:04 PM

2011 group of us did the run down to Monaco F1 , plus there were a few ring trips

A lot of us also do the French Frolic with Lotus on Track in August

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users