Vxt Modifications And Mappings

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Co220

Co220

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 07:12 PM

I have VXT for trackday use. I have other cams, larger intercooler, other downpipe, standard turbo etc.

VXRacing changed my software last year and the engine runs great. I'm thinking of upgrading to a VXR turbo and a charge cooler for a bit more action on track. I found out VXRacing stopped doing mappings.

Do I need a new custom made mapping or are there other ways to get the ECU working with these (not too big?) changes? 

540.jpg

Edited by Co220, 01 August 2019 - 07:16 PM.

#2 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 01 August 2019 - 07:14 PM

A VXR turbo will barely give any extra puff. Try a K06 turbo (which is very similar to the K04), that will give you 30 to 50 HP more, depending on a few things.

Try Rabid remaps or RND remaps, both are good. RND staff are genuine engineers (as opposed to fly by night remappers).

Edited by Nev, 01 August 2019 - 07:17 PM.

#3 Co220

Co220

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 07:50 PM

A VXR turbo will barely give any extra puff. Try a K06 turbo (which is very similar to the K04), that will give you 30 to 50 HP more, depending on a few things.

Try Rabid remaps or RND remaps, both are good. RND staff are genuine engineers (as opposed to fly by night remappers).

K06 could work with standard internals, thanks for the tip.

Do I need to go to the workshop for a Rabid or RND remap?

Used to work with the OBD Tuner for my SC VX, the turbo stuff is pretty new to me.

#4 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:29 PM

K06 could work with standard internals, thanks for the tip.

Yes it can, but your mapper needs to know to keep the torque down < 350 ft/lbs or your con-rods may bend. The beauty of the K06 is the larger compressor which will keep puffing up to 7000 RPM.

Do I need to go to the workshop for a Rabid or RND remap?

Almost certainly, best to ring them.

Used to work with the OBD Tuner for my SC VX, the turbo stuff is pretty new to me.

Edited by Nev, 01 August 2019 - 08:31 PM.

#5 Co220

Co220

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:46 PM

Thanks Nev, great help.

#6 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,858 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 02 August 2019 - 05:45 PM

Your VXRracing map, is that Steve's?

#7 scw02102

scw02102

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:48 PM

Rabid is now called The Tuning Society and based in Basingstoke, Richard knows his stuff. Will need to be mapped on his dyno.

Oddly two well known tuners said to me no point doing the k06 route unless you run over 300bhp and then you going to have to consider a forged engine.

The extra lag of the k06 wasn't worth it they said but it will flow more top end but a Vxr unit will make 300bhp and spool quicker so don't waste your money, so unless your gonna run big power and torque I wouldn't bother.

I did go for a k04 hybrid 360 bearing and uprated seals for reliability though.

#8 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,858 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 21 August 2019 - 06:34 AM

Rabid is now called The Tuning Society and based in Basingstoke, Richard knows his stuff. Will need to be mapped on his dyno.

Oddly two well known tuners said to me no point doing the k06 route unless you run over 300bhp and then you going to have to consider a forged engine.

The extra lag of the k06 wasn't worth it they said but it will flow more top end but a Vxr unit will make 300bhp and spool quicker so don't waste your money, so unless your gonna run big power and torque I wouldn't bother.

I did go for a k04 hybrid 360 bearing and uprated seals for reliability though.

I'm running the vxr turbo in mine (stage4)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users