Matthew Bentley Racing Ltd

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:35 AM

Gauging interest on a new Product,

Who uses Dash Cams? 
Who uses GoPro or Similar?
Who would use something that combines the 2 and is hardwired into the Car?

We have the option to Supply the Thinkware range - particularly the M1 Motorsport Camera.

https://thinkwaredas...otorsports-cam/

Although it was initially aimed at the Motor Cycle use, Thinkware have realised its potential for Track day driving + road Trips.

Priced at the higher end of the market but still relevant in the scheme of things (considering Go Pro + similar quality camera prices)

Comment below to let us know if you thin its a good idea?

MBR

#2 pete-r

pete-r

I never drive faster than I can see

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 12:07 PM

Personally I think you'd struggle to shift them to the VX crowd. Most of the track Sayers have something already and use go pro or (as I need my case) a £30 knock off which does a good job and I wouldn't be devastated if it got damaged or stolen at a track day.

My mate has fitted a 360 camera which I'm waiting to see the footage from but could be a game changer.

SELOC might have more takers.

#3 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:19 PM

Personally I think you'd struggle to shift them to the VX crowd. Most of the track Sayers have something already and use go pro or (as I need my case) a £30 knock off which does a good job and I wouldn't be devastated if it got damaged or stolen at a track day.

My mate has fitted a 360 camera which I'm waiting to see the footage from but could be a game changer.

I love the idea of a 360 cam, especially for racing but that one is 24fps which I can't imagine is great for an action cam. The best 4k ones tend to be 60fps but are obviously a lot more expensive.

I'd love to see the footage to get an idea of what it can do.

P.S. Sorry for spamming your thread Matt

#4 swast4

swast4

• PipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Trackdays

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:43 PM

Too expensive I'm afraid and restricted to 2 jobs

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

#5 Matthew Bentley Racing Ltd

Matthew Bentley Racing Ltd

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:29 AM

I love the idea of a 360 cam, especially for racing but that one is 24fps which I can't imagine is great for an action cam. The best 4k ones tend to be 60fps but are obviously a lot more expensive.

I'd love to see the footage to get an idea of what it can do.

P.S. Sorry for spamming your thread Matt

If you search Joe Taylor Racing on Youtube, he has a 360 cam for some of his onboard to give you an idea of footage.

MBR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users