8 replies to this topic

#1 gazbucko

gazbucko

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:56 PM

Hi Guys,

Im in desperate need of some help.
I put my SC in my garage around three weeks ago, any way the solar panel hasn't done its job and the car was flat, so i jump started it of my other car. The problem now is it starts everytime time and idles with no problem, as soon as i touch the accelerator pedal the engine cuts out. Im getting a TPS reading from my scangauge and the flap on the intake is opening and closing fully. Im ruling out the pedal for now for that reason.

I have dutch software and for some reason my obd tuner is now saying invalid license key so i cant read any codes. Ive emailed peter so I can only wait
My scangauge is showing no codes stored
With the TPS unplugged i can open the flap manually and it will rev higher. This again points me towrds the ecu cutting the engine?
Ive checked the LOD, no problems their
Any help is much appreciated, im racing at donnington next week

#2 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:30 PM

Yeah my engine does that too (but then I've a bunch of electrical issues..). Will start and idle, but cut out on small pedal presses.

If you push the pedal hard, does it still die?

#3 gazbucko

gazbucko

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 04:47 PM

It wont even start with the pedal pressed. Ive spoke to someone who says it could be the immobiliser. Gonna leave the battery off over night and see if that helps

#4 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:23 PM

If the engine starts and idles then it won’t be immobiliser

When you turn ignition on and off do you hear the tb make a click noise a couple of times

#5 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 07:53 PM

It wont even start with the pedal pressed. Ive spoke to someone who says it could be the immobiliser. Gonna leave the battery off over night and see if that helps

No i mean, if you give the throttle a good blip and hold the revs, does it still die?

Mine does that - gently press the throttle and it dies. Give it a good blip and it revs (with the odd stutter).

#6 gazbucko

gazbucko

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:45 PM

If the engine starts and idles then it won’t be immobiliser

When you turn ignition on and off do you hear the tb make a click noise a couple of times

Yeah the flap clicks, even with the ignition on ive video’d the flap opening and closing with the pedal.

It was peter from OBD tuner thats pointed me towards the immobiliser.

Have you any other ideas i can try?

#7 gazbucko

gazbucko

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:46 PM

No i mean, if you give the throttle a good blip and hold the revs, does it still die?

Mine does that - gently press the throttle and it dies. Give it a good blip and it revs (with the odd stutter).

It doesnt even rev mate, no stutter or anything. Its like you've just turned the key off

#8 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 07:15 AM

Check for immobilizer codes...

Do you have an OpCom device and the security code of your car?

#9 gazbucko

gazbucko

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 09:25 AM

Sorted it, spoke to peter from obdtuner who advised it could be the immobiliser module playing up due to low amps from the jump start. The only way to reset it was to leave the battery off overnight. Went to it this morning and it started straight away!
Cheers guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users