• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 pistolar

pistolar

• Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:TVRs Penny Smith

Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:19 PM

Any recommendations on getting some new number plates made, i thought  there was a member who made these?

Front and rear, perspex, road legal, 3D lettering, GB badge with vx220.org script along bottom 

Additional front 3/4 size, perspex, road legal if possible, 3D lettering, GB badge with vx220.org script along bottom 

Thanks Neil

#2 Extrapilot

Extrapilot

• Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, performance fossil fuel burning

Posted 18 December 2019 - 04:51 PM

Plates 4 cars, all styles and sizes, channel Islands based. Quick and reasonably priced

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

#3 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,865 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 18 December 2019 - 06:11 PM

Any recommendations on getting some new number plates made, i thought there was a member who made these?

Front and rear, perspex, road legal, 3D lettering, GB badge with vx220.org script along bottom
Additional front 3/4 size, perspex, road legal if possible, 3D lettering, GB badge with vx220.org script along bottom

Thanks Neil

Not road legal if you have the vx220 org script along the bottom, odd but apparently true

#4 ciderbooze

ciderbooze

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • Interests:cars, fishing, beer, football.

Posted 18 December 2019 - 06:22 PM

Always had a decent service off ElizP987 .

#5 paul_mck

paul_mck

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 06:32 PM

Any recommendations on getting some new number plates made, i thought there was a member who made these?

Thanks Neil

Not road legal if you have the vx220 org script along the bottom, odd but apparently true

need to have name and postcode of the maker iirc?

#6 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,865 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 19 December 2019 - 06:18 AM

Thanks Neil

need to have name and postcode of the maker iirc?
That's my understanding, nothing, or the name of the garage

#7 pistolar

pistolar

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 07:04 PM

Thanks for all your help. I have pinged  ElizP987 to see if they could make the plates for me

#8 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 12:35 PM

I've always used ebay. Never had a VX220 without a 3/4 size plate. Not legal but if it's UK Font and plain, it tends to go unnoticed being a tad smaller

#9 pistolar

pistolar

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 05:34 PM

I bought them from  ElizP987 and they look terrific

#10 Ebo100

Ebo100

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 10:51 PM

I know from previous experience that illegal plates go unnoticed until they want to do you for something. My first VX had illegally spaced characters on the plate from the previous owner, otherwise legit with garage and postcode etc. I had a dog van chase me for over 12 miles because he thought I was going a bit fast, pulled me and then spent 20 mins going over the car and could only come up with illegally spaced characters. £60 fine.

If the current owner of my dolphin NA wants some slightly dodgy plates they're still in my garage  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users