Back in about 2013 I bought an Europa Blue/biscuit NA, loved every minute of the car and for some reason sold it to a guy in Sweden (maybe?!). Well, as I get older I realise there isn't time to sit back and live in regret so I have got hold of another; this time richyroff's old Black Supercharged VX.
I'm really happy as a rule. The thing is quick (to be expected), but there are a few little bits I want to change.
1. Carpets. I've ordered a set from Fred. I'm hoping this sorts the issue at no. 2.
2. Rattles. This thing rattles a lot worse than I remember #1 doing. There is also a resonance at about 2000 rpm which I need to identify, a proper buzzing.
3. Alloys. I have a nice set of alloys which were fitted by the last owner (Bola B10) but the style isn't for me; TDs it is.
4. Door cards. Richy had the interior redone which has held up well, especially the seats. He also covered the dash, centre console and sill covers which have all lasted really well. The door cards seem to have suffered with whatever glue was used coming through at the bottom corners - I wonder if the cards have got wet at any point? I'll try cleaning them up.
5. There is a big ass sub in the footwell, where the footrest used to be. It needs to go.
6. I will probably fit a DAB head unit, just for when I'm not furiously pedalling it.
7. The big one. The previous owner has fitted sill extensions, long tail diffuser and splitter. Not sure if I like them.
8. An even bigger one. It has turbo ears fitted, but they are 'glued down' or sealed with tigerseal or sikaflex. Should I be concerned? Shall I just leave it?
9. It needs a geo. I know that the last alloys, pre-Bola, were 16/17 TDs and it is now on 17s all round, fronts on spacers, etc etc. I'm sure from driving it that it hasn't been reset for the change - over 60MPH it is skittish as hell, and the steering shakes. The last VX, for comparison, was solid.
Apart from those issues which can be dealt with in time, I'm over the moon to be back in a VX. This time it's for life (maybe).