Posted 05 March 2020 - 08:07 AM

And my bonnet handle fell off....

#22 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:13 AM

... just join Facebook vx220...many more new members asking about brake fluid and what tyres to use

and posting pictures of spark plugs asking if they look like the engine is running right  :sleepy:

#23 Harry Hornet

Harry Hornet

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 11:49 AM

I blame Brexit....

..oh and will  the last one out make sure the lights are off and the door shut....just asking.....

#24 TFD

TFD

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 06:11 PM

Fck Facebook. Hate to see forums go lost cause everyone is in for the short hit.

Then again..

The old folks know it all so less posts/questions/activities. Youngsters with the dumb questions are being bashed " use the search".

So yes. FB is the place to be for the youngsters... let them be spoonfed. Keep this place for the old guard Id say.

#25 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 06:52 PM

Yes I participate in the FB group and try to actively help the community, but this forum is pretty much dead unfortunately :( I used to spend my life on it, learned an absolute sh1t tonne, hugely enjoying the banter provided by the likes of Fab and Joe, and now, I can't even be arsed to update my project thread to reflect the 000's spent on refreshing the suspension etc.  It is a real shame but I guess times move on.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: rallly rallly rallly rallly rallly rallly 

#26 furtive

furtive

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 10:06 AM

What is better, and NA or Turbo?

:poke:

#27 hairy

hairy

Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • Interests:cars, beer, nature

Posted 06 March 2020 - 01:38 PM

but there's no Elmo on FB!

#28 ghand

ghand

Drunken lampposts only

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,215 posts
  • Interests:Whisky.Keeping reptiles.Cars.
    The odd bike ride, fell walk and weights
    Oh and more whisky

Posted 10 March 2020 - 12:03 AM

First time I've logged on in years and first thing i see is this.
It used to be great fun and banter filled place but went down hill with stuff being removed and boring bastards taking over.
Use the search, ffs is this still going on ! Feck right off, some folk like to chat it's called a forum not a fecking encyclopaedia. If you don't want to answer or chat then click off. Use the search and miss the latest good offer or someone who has just what you want or is just in the mood for a chat like the ones who answer you or rip the back out of a new guy with feck off and search which is a great way of making someone feel at home. They can always search as a second option.
I'm off to read up on Imran and Elmo and some awsome banter filled threads of years ago.

Maybe we need the old crew back again ?
Get the mods wound up again ?
Take the p*ss, get the puns going, have some banter, enjoy a laugh, oh and own a VX 👍😂

Edited by ghand, 10 March 2020 - 12:06 AM.

#29 ghand

ghand

Drunken lampposts only

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,215 posts
    Oh and more whisky

Posted 10 March 2020 - 12:11 AM

Brilliant this place, I can't even delete the post to replace it, then again that maybe the scotch. 🥃😂

#30 coldel

coldel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 08:55 AM

Forums are dying off - just the nature of things. I still use them regularly, I help out on the 350z site still and there is a reasonable amount of bantz on there. I guess with less of these cars around, less owners, people migrating to other systems its bound to happen. FB isn't a new thing anymore, or even a thing for young people (average age of user is something like 40 years old) so no surprise it is soaking up so much traffic. Still, onwards and upwards!

#31 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 01:34 PM

Brilliant this place, I can't even delete the post to replace it, then again that maybe the scotch. 🥃😂

Use the search :P 

To be fair, your rant about people saying 'use the search' who should just ignore/move on, is hypocritical - why not just ignore those saying 'use the search'? :P  :poke:

#InForTheBantz  :tt:

#32 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,509 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 10 March 2020 - 06:16 PM

To be fair, your rant about people saying 'use the search' who should just ignore/move on, is hypocritical - why not just ignore those saying 'use the search'? :P :poke:

#InForTheBantz :tt:

Facebook search works really well... if not better in fact... shame it's lacking the knowledge

#33 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 11 March 2020 - 10:31 PM

https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

Found a video of Joe’s first VX.

#34 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 11:22 PM

joe.jpg

#35 ghand

ghand

Drunken lampposts only

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,215 posts
    Oh and more whisky

Posted 12 March 2020 - 01:20 AM

To be fair, your rant about people saying 'use the search' who should just ignore/move on, is hypocritical - why not just ignore those saying 'use the search'? :P :poke:

#InForTheBantz :tt:
Its not as that wouldn't help the new guys or somone wanting a chat and being told to feck off and use the search all the time 🙄 They need to know not everyone is a tosser who tells everyone to fecking search for everything 😂
That attitude has probably helped with the decline of the place if truth be told.
Put your shelf in the position of a new VX owner who wants to chat to other VX owners and ask about his brake pads to be told by everyone to feck off and search ? They may just think what a bunch of wankers and go to FB 👍😂
Edit .. oh they did 😜

Edited by ghand, 12 March 2020 - 01:30 AM.

#36 ghand

ghand

Drunken lampposts only

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,215 posts
    Oh and more whisky

Posted 12 March 2020 - 01:45 AM

Foxy you don't get it, everyone knows they can search ffs they can get a fecking Haynes manual if they want 😂
But have you thought that maybe they don't want to ? maybe they want some friendly advice and chat live and up to date. I've never ever seen the point of telling someone to search, I'll never get it.
I'm seriously going to try this search somtime to find a nice recommended Malt at a good price today 👍😂🥃🥃

#37 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 08:35 AM

Ghand, I get fully what you are talking about

”we should accommodate those that are clearly just plain lazy and those who just need to draw attention to themselves, whether new members or old”

I find the “ignore” button works very well, my list has very recently been increased🙄

#38 coldel

coldel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 09:28 AM

I can get the frustration of the search thing, on another forum we have quite an extensive set of specific subforums. The amount of times we might get a post from someone in say the Brakes section asking how to do something and there is a sticky in there with a guide pre-written, with photos, in the same subsection, at the top of the subsection, titled the exact thing they need...there is definitely a spoon fed culture developing where many people expect everything for nothing, but also get that as a newbie you might be quite a social person who just wants to chat. 

#39 kipper

kipper

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • Interests:Things that rotate.
    Smoking various types
    of fish.

Posted 12 March 2020 - 10:11 PM

It used to be great fun and banter filled place but went down hill with stuff being removed and boring bastards taking over.
Use the search, ffs is this still going on ! Feck right off, some folk like to chat it's called a forum not a fecking encyclopaedia. If you don't want to answer or chat then click off. Use the search and miss the latest good offer or someone who has just what you want or is just in the mood for a chat like the ones who answer you or rip the back out of a new guy with feck off and search which is a great way of making someone feel at home. They can always search as a second option.
I'm off to read up on Imran and Elmo and some awsome banter filled threads of years ago.

Take the p*ss, get the puns going, have some banter, enjoy a laugh, oh and own a VX 👍😂

Did someone say "puns"?........

#40 ghand

ghand

Drunken lampposts only

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,215 posts
    Oh and more whisky

Posted 13 March 2020 - 12:55 AM

Did someone say "puns"?........
Yo 👍 It's been a long time 😂
Would you like to buy a TV ? 😀 Is that a hair in your fish cake ? 😂
Let's find Elmo I say

Edited by ghand, 13 March 2020 - 12:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users