• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 sford

sford

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:53 AM

I've recently bought some Corbeau LE Pro (3) seats (carbon kevlar too) to fit to my car. They don't fit on the current VX220 runners and the (what I think are) S1 runners that they came with put the passenger seat too far back in that it fouls the harness bar and head rest. I'm keen to keep the parcel shelf and harness bar as is without modifying them but want to get the right rails. Worst case, I'll get some made that move the mounting points an inch forward but before I start cutting things up, is there a plug and play solution.

The seats have a date of 2010 on their stickers, placing them in the late S2 category for what was around at the time. 

#2 2-20

2-20

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 11:04 AM

Have you checked Mark Verboom Speedster website...

#3 2-20

2-20

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 11:05 AM

He has installed some Corbeau seats

#4 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 05:52 PM

I've recently bought some Corbeau LE Pro (3) seats (carbon kevlar too) to fit to my car. They don't fit on the current VX220 runners and the (what I think are) S1 runners that they came with put the passenger seat too far back in that it fouls the harness bar and head rest. I'm keen to keep the parcel shelf and harness bar as is without modifying them but want to get the right rails. Worst case, I'll get some made that move the mounting points an inch forward but before I start cutting things up, is there a plug and play solution.

The seats have a date of 2010 on their stickers, placing them in the late S2 category for what was around at the time. 

How have you got on fitting these?

#5 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 07:25 PM

Can’t imagine S1 subframes are easy to come by anymore.

#6 sford

sford

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 08:12 PM

All fitted and sorted. The S1 drivers subframe is a pig to get hold of (luckily these came with one) and the passenger one I made my own out of box section and S1 mounts from a pax seat frame. 

I wanted to retain the parcel shelf and speakers with the normal harness bar and I have achieved that quite nicely. Think in the end I moved the pax seat forward by about 30mm. Luckily that puts it just slightly back from where I have the drivers seat. Looks OE. 

#7 paul_mck

paul_mck

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 08:23 PM

I just fitted the same seats mate, std VX drivers frame with 2 different triangle pieces to bolt to the seat. Were a bit fiddly to swap over from the VX subframe as a new hole needed to be drilled.

surprised how comfy they are. 

out of interest how did you mount the lower harness belts?

#8 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 08:50 PM

Yvo at Elise Shop can make new S1 style drivers subframes compatible with these poxy seats.

#9 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 10:53 PM

Yvo at Elise Shop can make new S1 style drivers subframes compatible with these poxy seats.

Thanks Matt, recently been chatting with Yvo so I’ll send him a message.

You’re not a fan of the seat.

#10 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 11:17 PM

The seat itself was actually okay and I found it more comfortable than the Probax equipped Lotus seat as long as I didn't have the massively over the top under-thigh bolster cushion fitted. The pair I had were secondhand poverty spec GRP ones and looked quite cheap and nasty, especially the lurid upholstery (which would have looked much more at home in a Civic Type R or some other ricer). The fitting was still a little underwhelming even with the proper subframe but this was 7 or 8 years ago and things may have improved on that front, though Corbeau seemed very reticent with regard to sorting out there moulds and properly aligning the holes and still don't seem to fully appreciate the difference between the S1 and (the massively bigger market of) S2 based setups.

#11 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 06:25 AM

I found a thread from years ago where I had commented about the height of the front bolster compared to the ‘ass section’.

Your comments on quality are also common.

I’ve finally become tired of the leather, it’s in perfect condition just need it gone now, I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking this was the route to go down.

#12 sford

sford

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 08:02 AM

I just fitted the same seats mate, std VX drivers frame with 2 different triangle pieces to bolt to the seat. Were a bit fiddly to swap over from the VX subframe as a new hole needed to be drilled.

surprised how comfy they are. 

out of interest how did you mount the lower harness belts?

I have the Nicky Grist harnesses (from ages ago supplied via Cliffie I think) that were designed for the Elise/Exige/VX220 specifically so the lower belts attach via the bolts that the standard seat attach to. I did run normal belts with the harnesses but found it all a bit too busy. As I'm the only person that's going to go in the car really now I figured I'd do away with the normal belts. 

The seats are pretty comfy. I think the have slightly more recline to them than the standard ones. The thigh bolster is stupidly high but at some point I'll rebuild/shape it. Prob put some slightly better foam in there. The material is a much nicer place to sit compared to leather. I forgot how crap leather is in the summer without aircon to keep it cool. Having said that, I find the material is a bit 'racecar' in that it doesn't have much stretch/give in it. My seats are the carbon/kevlar and while they look ok, the quality hasn't improved with the price increase. They still aren't great with regards to the holes or the finishing. That said, a lot of the seats I have seen and looked at were a bit pants in that department. 

Edited by sford, 25 August 2020 - 08:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users