• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisO_VX

ChrisO_VX

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 06:58 AM

Have I lost my mind when ordering this; https://www.elisepar...ring-wheel-kit/

... to fit the original wheel?  I ordered the airbag / 40mm spacer options.  The intention was to A; bring the wheel closer to me B; use it as a boss kit at a later date when I could afford a new wheel and C; I just thought it seemed cool to be able to remove the wheel :tumble:

Was twisting over it when I thought it 'only' cost £189.  After adding the options + VAT the £264 I've spent may have given me the first sense of buyers remorse I've felt in decades

#2 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,864 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 03 May 2020 - 07:50 AM

Cheap anti theft device

#3 paul_mck

paul_mck

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 06:25 PM

I asked would it work with oem wheel and was told no. Cant see there being airbag connections

#4 Arno

Arno

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:16 AM

Yup..  You can fit this, but you'll have to disconnect the airbag. Only the horn will be passed through..

Lotus has a foam center piece as a replacement for the MOMO wheel used in Cup cars that don't come with the airbags.

Also you dont' really want to dis- and reconnect the airbag every time. There's a tiny, but non-zero, chance it will get triggered, so a quick-release is usually a no-no with an airbag.

Bye, Arno.

#5 paul_mck

paul_mck

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:50 AM

I use their 30mm spacer on my oem wheel. EP said it wasn’t for oem wheels but it works ok with a few tweaks. The oem wires just about extend enough to connect to the airbag without modification

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users