Vx220 Turbo Wanted

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Sam1979

Sam1979

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 02:01 PM

Hi, a couple of years ago I sold my immaculate VX220 turbo in order to purchase my dream car an evora 400. I’ve since had to sell my evora (there so expensive to maintain and I needed the money for a house extension).

I’m currently looking for a nice clean vx220 turbo it doesn’t have to be cosmetically immaculate (my old one was and hence it spent most of its life in my garage). I want one I can actually use and not worry about the odd stone-chip. I am looking for one that mechanically is perfect, I don’t mind if it has or hasn’t been modified as mine was running various mods Courtney tuned etc.

I’m not fussed on Colour I think they all look good. Let me know if anyone’s thinking of selling I’m happy to travel for the right one.

#2 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:17 PM

Jon Seal has a nice black one

#3 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:39 PM

Cheers Foxy it  really is a fantastic one this 

https://www.pistonhe...itrons/10555087

#4 Sam1979

Sam1979

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 02:22 PM

Thanks jonnyboy but I really can’t bare the thought of another black vx220, I know I said I wasn’t bothered in colour but my one was black and although they look great when clean they also look awful when dirty any other colour hides the marks so much easier. I don’t want to go down the same path as I did with my old VX cleaning more than driving!!

#5 dstarz7

dstarz7

• Pip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:Plastic cars

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:37 AM

Hi, a couple of years ago I sold my immaculate VX220 turbo in order to purchase my dream car an evora 400. I’ve since had to sell my evora (there so expensive to maintain and I needed the money for a house extension).

I’m currently looking for a nice clean vx220 turbo it doesn’t have to be cosmetically immaculate (my old one was and hence it spent most of its life in my garage). I want one I can actually use and not worry about the odd stone-chip. I am looking for one that mechanically is perfect, I don’t mind if it has or hasn’t been modified as mine was running various mods Courtney tuned etc.

I’m not fussed on Colour I think they all look good. Let me know if anyone’s thinking of selling I’m happy to travel for the right one.

Did you find a VX in the end? Would be good to have some more local owners!

#6 RPM

RPM

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 08:04 PM

Check out mine https://m.facebook.c...158777541423894

#7 Vxt Dave

Vxt Dave

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 07:49 AM

What's your budget? I've got a really nice one. I'm having thoughts of changing to a bigger car.

#8 VXRDon

VXRDon

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 08:21 AM

Hi

If you are still looking for a tubby, I have just put mine up on Gumtree. Mechanically well sorted without being OTT.

https://www.gumtree....sale/1383389572

Cheers

Don

#9 paul_mck

paul_mck

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 09:16 AM

Hi

If you are still looking for a tubby, I have just put mine up on Gumtree. Mechanically well sorted without being OTT.

https://www.gumtree....sale/1383389572

Cheers

Don

Hi Don where did you get your spoiler brackets? do they go right down to the chassis? cheers

#10 VXRDon

VXRDon

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 03:34 PM

Spoiler brackets clamped to rear clam. Seems to work ok

#11 Bakazan

Bakazan

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 06:10 AM

Sorry to go off on a tangent - but why was the maintenance on the Evora so expensive?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users