• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 furtive

furtive

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 05:31 PM

I just had my car serviced and MOT'd. The garage said that the brake servo vac pipe is perished and needs to be replaced.

Where can I get one from, and how difficult is it to replace? Does it run down the sill with the brake lines?

Can is an NA if that makes any difference

#2 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 17 June 2020 - 05:47 PM

http://www.vx220.org...d/?fromsearch=1

#3 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:00 AM

I've done mine twice now.  Having not previously read that guide I did it slightly differently.  I made a hose joiner from an old bolt and linked new and old pipes together at the engine bay end.  I taped over the top of that for that bit of extra safety!  I took off the black inner sill cover and it was a case of push from the back and pull from the small hole under the sill cover until I had a big loop of the two hoses out of the tiny hole (Beware, cut hands and forearms!!).  I lubed up (Fnnnaaaar) the hose with washing up liquid and pushed / pulled the join through into the front compartment.  It is VERY tight and requires a lot of wiggling but I didn't need to remove the dash.  Obviously once its through a few tugs (again FNnnnaaaar) and connect it all up.  It's not too terrible a job to do solo. 

Hose from cbsonline although I believe elizP might have new hoses still available

#4 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:10 AM

I found it useful to open up the hole in the fibre glass part of the sill slightly to all you to get almost elbow deep (more Fnaaar) which helped manipulate the hose.

#5 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 18 June 2020 - 10:38 AM

I found it useful to open up the hole in the fibre glass part of the sill slightly to all you to get almost elbow deep (more Fnaaar) which helped manipulate the hose.

I clearly have the arms of a child!

#6 furtive

furtive

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 11:48 AM

Thanks. I've ordered a new hose from elizP.

Removing the black sill cover worries me as I don't want to damage that at all!

I may just replace the perished bit at the engine end with a small section of hose

#7 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 09:03 AM

I clearly have the arms of a child!

For some reason my left forearm fitted fine, but my right arm just wouldn't go.. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users