• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 coldel

coldel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 08:06 PM

Anyone got a guide to deactivating the ABS (not pulling the fuse, I want my speedo working) with pictures! I want to be sure I get right what I end up doing. I have had a little moment with the hard brake pedal and would like to avoid it in future. As I understand there are two options, pulling the sensor and installing a switch, happy to look at both options. Ta.

#2 Strugs

Strugs

World's #1 cheese fan

• 2,985 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 08:53 PM

I'd go with a bullet connector in the wire. A switch might give an insurance company a reason to not pay out if the worst happened..

#3 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,680 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:23 AM

Unplug the sensor at a wheel, I unplug at the front nearside, need to protect the unplugged plugs to stop them griming up and not working when you reconnect for mot. Also can cut the yellow wire at the and unit and install a switch, search should find you a picture

#4 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,680 posts
    and now bees

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:23 AM

I'd go with a bullet connector in the wire. A switch might give an insurance company a reason to not pay out if the worst happened..

Good point

#5 coldel

coldel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:42 AM

Unplug the sensor at a wheel, I unplug at the front nearside, need to protect the unplugged plugs to stop them griming up and not working when you reconnect for mot. Also can cut the yellow wire at the and unit and install a switch, search should find you a picture

Unplugging sounds like the way, honestly though I don’t know what or where I am unplugging!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 hairy

hairy

Moonlander

• 5,669 posts
  • Interests:cars, beer, nature

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:45 AM

http://www.vx220.org...146-abs-switch/

#7 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• 10,326 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:54 AM

Unplugging sounds like the way, honestly though I don’t know what or where I am unplugging!

abs_sensor.jpg

If you are not comfortable with tinkering in any way or form, i would suggest start saving up for a 4-channel abs controller and have someone build that on for you.
No tinkering, no mods, no switches and fine for MOT.

#8 coldel

coldel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:44 AM

Thanks, yes for sure I want a 4 channel unit at some point. Have spent a couple of grand on the car in the last 6 months so have to wait a little while before trying to get that purchase past the missus!

#9 coldel

coldel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:45 AM

Aye found that but all the picture links are broken, Im not as technically minded as you lot but can follow instructions if I know what I am looking at.

#10 hairy

hairy

Moonlander

• 5,669 posts
  • Interests:cars, beer, nature

Posted 22 June 2020 - 03:21 PM

Aye found that but all the picture links are broken, Im not as technically minded as you lot but can follow instructions if I know what I am looking at.

I've got a PDF with a couple of pictures I can email you if you want?

#11 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,680 posts
    and now bees

Posted 22 June 2020 - 05:31 PM

It's obvious when you look, take care unplugging though, so you don't break the clip, the whole plug slides off a 'carrier' and is then easier to separate

#12 coldel

coldel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 05:43 PM

Cheers both much appreciated as always, Hairy you have mail...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users