Turbo Engine Removal

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ukcat

ukcat

• PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 09:01 AM

Hi all desparate for some advice. Basically wanting to know if the turbo engine can be removed with the timing belt cover and oil pump in place. I can see that these will limit the amount of sideways mivement needed to clear the gearbox shaft but hoping there is enough space between the cover and subframe

#2 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 09:06 AM

Yes.

#3 ukcat

ukcat

• PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 10:49 AM

Yes.

Ok is that without moving the gearbox at all

#4 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 19 July 2020 - 01:27 PM

Tbh if the engine is coming out drop with the box on it. Far easier to reasemble off the car and put back as one piece

I did once due to restrictions in my garage swap a let for leh engine from above with clam on. Not the best option mind lol

DG

#5 ukcat

ukcat

• PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 02:06 PM

Tbh if the engine is coming out drop with the box on it. Far easier to reasemble off the car and put back as one piece

I did once due to restrictions in my garage swap a let for leh engine from above with clam on. Not the best option mind lol

DG

did you manage ti get the engine out with oil pump and inner cambelt cover in place and cylinder head on

#6 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 19 July 2020 - 02:46 PM

DG

did you manage to get the engine out with oil pump and inner cambelt cover in place and cylinder head on

Yes but dont recommend it, is very tight. Quicker to drop the lot in my experiance

What is the engine out for? Is it getting split from box anyway

DG

#7 ukcat

ukcat

• PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 04:41 PM

DG

did you manage to get the engine out with oil pump and inner cambelt cover in place and cylinder head on
Yes but dont recommend it, is very tight. Quicker to drop the lot in my experiance

What is the engine out for? Is it getting split from box anyway

DG
leaking core plug. Dont want to pull the drive shafts so was hoping it would come out by splitting from box. Had engine out this way before but head was off and so was oil pump and inner cambelt cover so had more space. Dont mind a bit of messing about just need to know if its possible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users