• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 martinroger

martinroger

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 12:55 PM

Hi all,

Me and another guy are having an issue with our dashes after trying to upgrade the firmware from version 3.98 to 4.51 . Could a kind soul with a working IC8 make an IMG backup of their SD Card in the dash and share it with me? Even better if it is on hardware V3 ...

Cheers!

#2 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 01:19 PM

I updated my original, never fitted 2017 8" to 4.51 when I finally installed it last month and no issues at all. All worked first time out of the box. If no one else has a V3 I will try to do the dump for you as mine is devo a V1 original hardware.

#3 martinroger

martinroger

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 01:54 PM

Thanks, that would be very kind. As far as I know the differences really only start at V4 on the hardware. You can check the version of the hardware in one of the setting screens...

#4 martinroger

martinroger

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 02:27 PM

Also FYI we tried making an image of 3.98 before, using Windiskimager... Unfortunately the image doesn't seem to boot when restored on an SD card. If you dump the image, if you can use "dd" on a Mac or Linux, that would be awesome to see if it makes a difference

#5 martinroger

martinroger

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 06:59 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm bringing a conclusion to this. It turns out the original SD card supplied with the unit, on this batch, can get faulty. I replaced with an industrial grade SD card (8GB), and support sent me an IMG file to flash on it. I used Balena Etcher for that (free, all platforms), changed a couple of configuration files because it was originally for IC7 and voilà, it works again and upgraded perfectly fine to V4.51.

I made an image for other IC8 users that may be having issues like that and need to reflash their SD card.

It's available here !

#6 marty64

marty64

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 03:37 PM

Hi !

I've got one Garw IC8 and update it with 3.98 firmware.

Where to get 4.51 version pse ?

#7 marty64

marty64

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 08:57 PM

4.51 now received, i'm afraid to update directly 3.98 to 4.51.

Will be better to put version 4.0 between.

Someone have the 4.0 version ?

#8 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 03:23 PM

I went straight from the original release version from the pre-order stock straight to 4.51 and had zero issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users