22 replies to this topic

#21 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,865 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 17 February 2021 - 09:14 PM

Whats with all the (dons flame suit) tech that I think I have seen working where the hydrogen generator is on the vehicle.
I dont understand the science of it
but it looked like some sort electrolyse where hydrogen was produced and that gas was burnt in the engine.
It looked like a good idea but I wasn't there and didn't see it with my own eyes :lol:

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Guy I knew was selling kits, using the 'excess' energy from the alternator to power the electrolysis, create hydrogen and inject it into the fuel system, claimed 30% improvement in fuel economy, sounded too good to be true so I avoided it, this was 10 years ago,

What would be ideal would be an engine that could use the excess energy from running to hydrolyse water generating hydrogen which powers that same engine and drives the car. The waste product would be water which can be reclaimed for the hydrolysis.

Unfortunately I think this is against the laws of physics. :D
That was my take on it, hence I declined his offer

#22 NDT

NDT

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 10:57 AM

.  Hydrogen is so terrifyingly dangerous that it is only sold where the vendor has the space for a Hydrogen generator. 

Come on, this is rubbish.

If you get a hydrogen leak the stuff floats upwards.

If you get a petrol leak it sits there in a big pool on the floor, giving off flammable vapours. I know which I'd rather have.

#23 furtive

furtive

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 04:24 PM

Here you go, an electric estate for you (sort of)

https://www.theverge...ce-specs-photos

Edited by furtive, 05 March 2021 - 04:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users