Photo

Where Can I Find That Engine Cover And Hard Top?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 generic rybelsus cost

generic rybelsus cost

• 0 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:49 AM

hello...i started this topic because i have no idea where i can find that cover engine and vent roof if possible...i tryed to ask at that car owner and who mounted it but they dont remember who made it...i havent the car but i want buy one on future only if i find that modification...can you help to find some information? thanks a lot

#2 generic rybelsus cost

generic rybelsus cost

• 0 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:07 AM

i found some video on youtube about that car

#3 sford

sford

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:11 AM

There are a couple of options that you can go down to get a coupe back on the vx. There is the Thorney type mould created ones that occasionally come up for sale or you could DIY it. I know tommobot on here has done it (he is midlands based) and can help/steer you clear of doing it unless you are a bit handy. The easiest way is to look at the eltech one. It's not the same style (exige) coupe but will achieve similar. 

#4 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:43 AM

The set on the white speedster was from badster Sweden, who no longer makes them.

#5 tommobot

tommobot

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:25 AM

I created mine, using an Exige S1 Motorsport bootlid...

IMG-20210215-104425521-HDR.jpg
IMG-20210121-114013839.jpg
IMG-20201224-152351453-1.jpg

Unless you are committed and don't mind getting your hands dirty I wouldn't recomend the 'home brew'.. 

The eltech one looks pretty tasty, and also I believe there based in Italy...

#6 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:10 PM

Search on Ebay for the seller of a “vx220 fibreglass vented engine cover”. He sells a coupe shaped rear cover panel and hardtop with the big centre vent...

#7 generic rybelsus cost

generic rybelsus cost

• 0 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 03:03 AM

@tommobot   oh my god...you did an amazing work and there is a lot of work here but sadly i idk why but seems sominthing its gone wrong...that bonnet dont follow the car lines...looks long...maybe its only my view...but the car look shorten than the bonnet...its why i dont like others bonnets and i m realy interested on badster...

#8 generic rybelsus cost

generic rybelsus cost

• 0 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 03:20 AM

here there is something  really close to badster...you did that @tommobot ? where you took the vent and engine cover?

#9 generic rybelsus cost

generic rybelsus cost

• 0 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 04:18 AM

@tommobot ...idk how modify my post anyway i say here the continue for post #7 anyway i think can be fixed because now you need a spoiler exige s1 o s2 idk... "if you have" you can try to put spoiler exige s2 because now with your s1 engine cover will not be air(empty) from spoiler and bonnet and i think can be seen realy good ... i seen a lot of photos on web ... you cant buy and put the spoiler without modifications because the angle where spoiler is positionated on exige its different (maybe the hight too)...  its the reason why looks strange and empty on speedsters

#10 tommobot

tommobot

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 11:32 AM

here there is something  really close to badster...you did that @tommobot ? where you took the vent and engine cover?

That was my first attempt years ago, which in hindight was rubbish! It was basically another roof, cut to size and placed over the top of the buttresses. 

Also, visually it finished far to far forward in my eyes and made the rear look flat and like a flat-bed pickup truck.

The exige S1 bootlid with the purple paint may not be to everyones taste, but as a flowing line from the bottom of the windscreen to the spoiler on the back it cant be beaten to my eyes!   :wub:

#11 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:53 PM

I made a windowed one some time ago.....
http://www.vx220.org...upster-project/

Still not quite sure about it so it sits in the shed.

#12 tommobot

tommobot

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 11:37 AM

hello...i started this topic because i have no idea where i can find that cover engine and vent roof if possible...i tryed to ask at that car owner and who mounted it but they dont remember who made it...i havent the car but i want buy one on future only if i find that modification...can you help to find some information? thanks a lot

Looks like the whole car is for sale, I hadnt seen this car for years!

http://www.vervataut...x.php/occasions

#13 Aerodynamic

Aerodynamic

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 09:18 PM

Does someone have a food complete 3d scan of the car?

I´d like to make a nice designed engine cover similar to this.

Br, Per

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users