Photo

Racetcs

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 F757lkk@gmail.com

F757lkk@gmail.com

• 0 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 08:33 PM

Chaps...RaceTCS who has it? Is it worth it? Any pros or cons? Im about to buy one for the VXT to hopefully save me from a hedge on a cold damp morning

#2 piwo

piwo

• Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:45 AM

http://www.vx220.org...l/#entry1960392

#3 ayresyy

ayresyy

• PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:23 AM

You can buy the system kit from here: RaceTCS V2 Racing Traction Control System DANY sklep (danysc.pl)

I think Joe (Batman) also sells them now, so maybe a bit easier to deal with someone in the UK.

Several of us have the Race TCS system fitted and I personally would never look back. It's a very effective system; adjustable and fully configurable to your own car/requirements using the supplied software.

I find it just gives me a little extra confidence to get back on it when exiting bends in the wet. There have been a few occasions where its kicked in and I have had to ask myself, would I have caught that?   :unsure:

#4 F757lkk@gmail.com

F757lkk@gmail.com

• 0 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 03:09 PM

Well, ive finally bought one from Max88

Do you track the car ayresyy or just road driving? I presume you need the ABS turned on for it to work? .

#5 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,873 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 12 August 2021 - 03:20 PM

Well, ive finally bought one from Max88

Do you track the car ayresyy or just road driving? I presume you need the ABS turned on for it to work? .

My understanding, which could be incorrect, is that if you disable the abs with the big yellow wire the tcs should still function, I've never got a definitive on this though

#6 F757lkk@gmail.com

F757lkk@gmail.com

• 0 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 03:33 PM

Cheers ivor, hopefully someone will have some insight into it.

Did you splice and solder your wires or go with those scotch block cable splicing things?

#7 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 03:35 PM

scotch block cable splicing things?

Just. Don't. :beat:

#8 F757lkk@gmail.com

F757lkk@gmail.com

• 0 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 03:46 PM

Hahahaha....i really dont want to.....but it tempting!!! Ive just ordered a decent pair of Automatic insulation removing pliers so plan to do it the right way

#9 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,873 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 12 August 2021 - 05:06 PM

Cheers ivor, hopefully someone will have some insight into it.

Did you splice and solder your wires or go with those scotch block cable splicing things?

I'd have to look at the car, mine was one of the ones fitted by the chap from Poland who made them, he came to UK and fitted out 10 cars.. suspect it's soldered, he did a neat job

Edited by Ivor, 12 August 2021 - 05:07 PM.

#10 Aerodynamic

Aerodynamic

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 05:27 PM

Are you having a LSD or not?

You can buy the system kit from here: RaceTCS V2 Racing Traction Control System DANY sklep (danysc.pl)

I think Joe (Batman) also sells them now, so maybe a bit easier to deal with someone in the UK.

Several of us have the Race TCS system fitted and I personally would never look back. It's a very effective system; adjustable and fully configurable to your own car/requirements using the supplied software.

I find it just gives me a little extra confidence to get back on it when exiting bends in the wet. There have been a few occasions where its kicked in and I have had to ask myself, would I have caught that? :unsure:

#11 F757lkk@gmail.com

F757lkk@gmail.com

• 0 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 06:48 PM

No. Standard set up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users