Photo

Geo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 menright

menright

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Building Props for TV and Film.

Posted 11 July 2021 - 09:07 PM

Got a couple of geo questions.

Just wondering why is it recommended that the daming be a couple of clicks softer at the back on the Turbo than front? 

With regard to tyre pressures how do you know what pressures to run? I am running Yokahama Advan Flea tyres 195/45/17 front and standard at the back max 50psi.  Is it just down to the feel of the tyres on the road?

#2 2-20

2-20

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 08:56 AM

May be you can start by reading the owner's manual...
I hope you are not driving it at 50 psi

#3 Johnboyhgt

Johnboyhgt

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Tracks, Mods

Posted 12 July 2021 - 11:23 AM

Softer at the front not the back.

The generally accepted tyre pressures are 24f 26r.

#4 menright

menright

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Building Props for TV and Film.

Posted 12 July 2021 - 01:55 PM

Thanks. Most of the advice is that the Turbo damper setting should be a couple of turns softer at the rear not front. It seems counter intuative but had some great advice today and understand why now thanks. 

With regard to tyre pressures, I did not fraze the question correctly, sorry. What I was wondering is that the car maker will always quote a tyre pressure in the manual based on the tyres that came with the car from new including oem sizes. If you are ruuning different tyre sizes and different makes of tyres then how can you assess what tyre pressure to run at? 

#5 piwo

piwo

• Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 04:58 PM

Probably so that the rear does not run away at higher Nm. A softer rear IT means less oversteer, which means less chance of a spin. In general, you set it up as you see fit and never follow others. You want less oversteer include:
You make the back softer, you make the front harder, you give a greater back taper towards 30 minutes total, you give a larger negative camber the -3 degrees.
Want less understeer:
You make a softer front, a harder back, a greater front caster up to -50 minutes total maximum, you give a less caster back going zero, you give a larger negative -3 degrees 30 minutes optimum on front.

Edited by piwo, 21 July 2021 - 05:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users