Photo

Demisster

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 HF_Evolution

HF_Evolution

• PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Interests:Playing WW2 combat flight sims, my VXR... and surfing when there is any!!

Posted 28 July 2003 - 10:32 AM

Hi Lads, i had reason to open the windscreen demister for the 1st time in tme rain weve had, and cant believe the amount of grit and other fragments coming out of them all over the dash and me, some one has suggested putting a stocking over the end that the silver pipe attaches to. Anyone experenced this if so any fixes. Ta Evo :ph34r:

#2 TURBO-CC

TURBO-CC

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 10:49 AM

put a sock in it ;) seriosly you have already answered your own question. I put one of my girlfriends tights over the pipe :D works fine

#3 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 28 July 2003 - 10:50 AM

open the front lid, disconnect the silver hose and place some filtering medium at the black round opening (see pic) remember to clean it often, since it soils real fast.... :rolleyes:

Attached Files

#4 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 10:52 AM

Do a search for "stockings" and "air intake pipe". Basically - open the bonnet and stick an old pair of tights over the back entrance to the dashboard where the air comes in. Problem solved. I took mine of the intake this weekend to clean and it was full of sh*te so it is definately stopping a lot of crap coming in, although the dash still gets dusty. Perhaps need to experiment with different denier...? :huh:

#5 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 28 July 2003 - 10:54 AM

although the dash still gets dusty.

that is because of the air drafts with open roof, (road crap flying inside the cockpit) not because of the air vents...

#6 HF_Evolution

HF_Evolution

• PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Interests:Playing WW2 combat flight sims, my VXR... and surfing when there is any!!

Posted 15 August 2003 - 11:22 PM

stockings it is then, ive always had a thing about ladys in black stokkings, but i dont suppose the colour mattes realy HAHAHAHA!!!

#7 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts
  • Interests:Er... cars?

Posted 16 August 2003 - 12:45 AM

Just make sure they're not fishnet stockings! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users