• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bengie

Bengie

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 11:05 AM

if I was to get Nitrons for my NA, could the same ones be used on a Turbo if I ever upgraded? :rolleyes:

#2 Bengie

Bengie

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 11:11 AM

Oh, just read some older threads, and it looks as though the VXT & NA run on differenct rear subframes, so they aren't interchangable :(

#3 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 08 August 2003 - 11:26 AM

Oh, just read some older threads, and it looks as though the VXT & NA run on differenct rear subframes, so they aren't interchangable :(

Actually they should fit on both, VXT springs will fit directly onto an NA.

Nitron are looking to fit a set to an NA soon (we need a donor car, it'll still cost the £850 plus VAT but you get to be involved with it all) there shouldn't be any issue with the fitting or trnasference. The different subrames equate to the diff engine mounts the subsequent suspension mounts are identical.

#4 waverunner

waverunner

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
  • Interests:Staying afloat!

Posted 08 August 2003 - 12:15 PM

Nitron are looking to fit a set to an NA soon (we need a donor car, it'll still cost the £850 plus VAT but you get to be involved with it all) there shouldn't be any issue with the fitting or trnasference. The different subrames equate to the diff engine mounts the subsequent suspension mounts are identical.

Thorney,

Am very interested in this but would need to chat to someone about the ride quality after the Nitrons are fitted to ensure they're going to deliver what I'm looking for.

Especially if it's costing me £850 plus VAT :o

Jim

#5 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 08 August 2003 - 01:04 PM

Thorney,

Am very interested in this but would need to chat to someone about the ride quality after the Nitrons are fitted to ensure they're going to deliver what I'm looking for.

Especially if it's costing me £850 plus VAT :o

Jim

I got your PM, I'll send you an email.

The thing everyone has to consider is that harder suspension DOES NOT mean it has to be a harder ride.

Suspension is part springs and part oil damping. When you get that crash/thump from a pothole it is a combination of the spring compressing either too fast or not enough and the oil damping not reacting fast enough/controlling compression enough - one cannot work well without the other.

Its for this reason that people just fitting harder springs or lowered springs to their car tend to screw the ride immediately.

The Nitrons come with harder springs but fully adjustable damping, thus far I've had mine set at 1 click - downright relaxed to 17 clicks - cyropractors dream the spring is harder but its the damping which regulates when and how that spring comes into affect. Think of it this way (albeit massively simplified) the spring holds the car out of the mud, the damping decides how far it has to go to drink it. :) and how fast it gets there.

#6 Bengie

Bengie

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 01:13 PM

Actually they should fit on both, VXT springs will fit directly onto an NA.

Excellent news! :D

Nitron are looking to fit a set to an NA soon (we need a donor car, it'll still cost the £850 plus VAT but you get to be involved with it all)

When is soon? An overhall of the suspension will be in order at some point soon, but I need to pay for a holiday & stuff first :unsure:

Where are Nitron based in the UK?

cheers

#7 waverunner

waverunner

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
  • Interests:Staying afloat!

Posted 08 August 2003 - 01:23 PM

The thing everyone has to consider is that harder suspension DOES NOT mean it has to be a harder ride.

That is EXACTLY what I'm looking for.

John, I'll await your email. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users