Photo

Rolex Collection

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 V-ex

V-ex

• Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Bikes / Cars / Watches / Travel - generally anything that costs too much!

Posted 16 November 2005 - 12:41 PM

As Rolex have increased their prices again I have decided to sell of my personal watch collection and do something more useful with the cash. I will offer to the forum before going out to the watch trade. So I have the following for sale; Rolex Cosmograph (Daytona) in Steel Black face - offers over £5k This is the most sought after watch in the world 5-7 year waiting list. Rolex Submariner 50th Anniversary model - offers over £3,250 Most sought after modern Rolex. Rolex Explorer - offers over £1900 The above watches are perfect unworn and new in box with all papers, tags, boxes etc. Also; Omega Aqua-Terra Co-Axial (Mint - worn a handfull of times). £1k Rolex Explorer II - worn daily by me .(RRP £2560) £1900 Anyone interested in any please pm Cheers

#2 Wellus

Wellus

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • Interests:GOLF<br>CARS<br>FAST CARS<br><br>ohh and GOLF i like GOLF

Posted 16 November 2005 - 12:45 PM

As Rolex have increased their prices again I have decided to sell of my personal watch collection and do something more useful with the cash.

I will offer to the forum before going out to the watch trade.

So I have the following for sale;

Rolex Cosmograph (Daytona) in Steel Black face - offers over £5k
This is the most sought after watch in the world 5-7 year waiting list.
Rolex Submariner 50th Anniversary model - offers over £3,250
Most sought after modern Rolex.
Rolex Explorer - offers over £1900

The above watches are perfect unworn and new in box with all papers, tags, boxes etc.

Also;

Omega Aqua-Terra Co-Axial (Mint - worn a handfull of times). £1k
Rolex Explorer II - worn daily by me .(RRP £2560) £1900

Anyone interested in any please pm

Cheers

ucking hell. theres alot of money in these watches!!!
11K of watches WOOOOOO

#3 Guest_Mikey (Guest)

Guest_Mikey (Guest)

Posted 16 November 2005 - 01:10 PM

pics?

#4 ad172

ad172

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Driving

Posted 16 November 2005 - 01:35 PM

:o Forget Property, start investing in watches!!!

#5 V-ex

V-ex

• Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Bikes / Cars / Watches / Travel - generally anything that costs too much!

Posted 16 November 2005 - 02:05 PM

I'll borrow my brothers camera and get some nice pics and put them on in the next few days. I think I got a bit carried away collecting over the last couple of years and now have decided to keep a few of the older classic Rolex models and sell the rest on. Rolex put up their prices across the range about two weeks ago. First price rise in three years and it appears to range from about 10-15%. As an indication I bought a GMT new, years ago, for £850 Brand New from the authorised Rolex dealer - the list price is now approx. £2550! thumbsup So in the long term you will always get your money back (historically any way), I am sure there are better investments if your not actually into mechanical watches though. I really don't like ebay - so haven't sold anything on there, ever. Any questions let me know - I love the Rolex sports range because out of every other watch maker, their range hasn't really changed that much in 50 years, in real contrast to Omega (but I collect them as well!). :)

#6 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 02:17 PM

You could try posting these on Seloc - they love Rolexs over there...

#7 V-ex

V-ex

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 02:19 PM

? What's Seloc

#8 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 02:30 PM

SELOC Clicky - South East Lotus Owners Club thumbsup

#9 ad172

ad172

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 02:41 PM

If we chip in a £1 each we can buy Timbo one as a leaving present :lol: :lol:

#10 V-ex

V-ex

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 02:52 PM

Ah yes - but unfortunately I don't have any gold watches, or heavy chains for that matter! :D No offence intended - I'm just a small town (island) boy and stereotypes are terrible things! :lol:

#11 DanL

DanL

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 03:13 PM

There are a few (well, more than a few) people on PistonHeads who like their watches. Worth sticking them in the ads over there, I would have thought. Dan

#12 ad172

ad172

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 03:15 PM

Ah yes - but unfortunately I don't have any gold watches, or heavy chains for that matter! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#13 V-ex

V-ex

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 03:36 PM

Many thanks for the constructive comments - and the light hearted ones thumbsup - brightened up my day - I'll look at posting them on SELOC and Piston Heads as well. Cheers

#14 Timbo

Timbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 04:14 PM

Thanks guys, now wheres my bling B)

#15 V-ex

V-ex

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 04:59 PM

Just had a call from a Swiss guy called Tony (Swiss Tony) whos in Italy - wants to know if I can supply him with some watches? Now I know I have my ad for the VXT on Pistonheads - but that's a bit Stalker-ish for my liking. Unless it's one of you lot with a very good accent and Swiss telephone exchange! ;)

#16 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,769 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:04 PM

Rolex Submariner 50th Anniversary model - offers over £3,250

I've bought and sold 3 of those, and sorry I got rid of the last one really, I quite like and miss the Maxidial - still, the money went towards my VX thumbsup :D

Edited by oblomov, 16 November 2005 - 08:07 PM.

#17 TurboTomato

TurboTomato

K-Series Detonator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,881 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 10:21 PM

Just had a call from a Swiss guy called Tony (Swiss Tony) whos in Italy - wants to know if I can supply him with some watches?

Now I know I have my ad for the VXT on Pistonheads - but that's a bit Stalker-ish for my liking.

Unless it's one of you lot with a very good accent and Swiss telephone exchange! ;)

I know there's a regular poster on SELOC called Swiss Tony so it could well be genuine. He has a Honda Elise iirc

#18 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 16 November 2005 - 10:30 PM

No offence V-ex... But I REALLy dont get these ultra expensive Rolex watches :blink: Every time i see one being worn, I automatically assume they are fake...and that the problem IMO I know people who own the real deal, keep it in a safe, and wear an identical fake out to the pub :unsure: good luck with the sales though thumbsup im sure they'll go ;)

#19 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 11:17 PM

No offence V-ex...

Every time i see one being worn, I automatically assume they are fake...and that the problem IMO

Bought a few last year from abroad, one cost me £15 and i sold it for £300 back home :o :o

Exact copy.. even the bloke in the shop couldn't tell the difference :o :o

Best of luck with the sale anyway V-EX thumbsup

#20 V-ex

V-ex

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 09:12 AM

I guess I'm a bit of a retro technology nerd - the fact that these watches are all automatic (Chronometer) no batteries and the design is years old, in something so small it fits on your wrist fascinates me - but like how tv works - I probably watch to much of that as well!! I could quite easily tell a fake from the real thing - if you are really into your watches it's not too hard. tbh I have never been that much into the bling thing - no gold or jewellery etc. so it's more what something means to me - not what other T.wts (comment not aimed at forum members) think about it - bit like the VX I love the car but it's just not the right car for me - the amount of good attention it gets over here is incredible - but it doesn't make me feel fantastic - unless I am on nice sweeping clear roads - whereas a 106 Rallye used to put a smile on my face every time I drove it! My philosophy is "the most important thing in life is time" - you can't buy it or sell it. Hence I bought a Rolex with my very last "big" over time payment. Sort of a reminder to enjoy myself! Not even 10.00am and I'm on one! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users