#1 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 14 August 2003 - 03:11 PM

It was suggested yesterday that I start a thread on best times for West circuit (when the micky mouse chicane was removed) on your freebie Palmersport day. At the risk of looking a dork I'll start it off: Thorney - 81.42

#2 earlystock

earlystock

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 04:01 PM

Without the PIF - PAF (as used in the VX220 day) 81.91, with the PIF - PAF (as used in the Motorsport sensation day) 83.2 The PIF -PAF is an artificial chicane on the back straight (two little plastic disks) I also did the west circuit in the Palmersport Audi....73 seconds! I had to actually ask for the time on the VX220 day, the instructor never gave it to me.

#3 R1 nur

R1 nur

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts
  • Interests:Aerobatics, Cars, Bikes, Birds, having fun.

Posted 14 August 2003 - 04:55 PM

Must of remebered my wrong coz it was another week!

#4 Dave T-S

Dave T-S

• PipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 07:56 AM

81.67 :)

#5 Mick43

Mick43

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Bikes, Sport (tennis, squash, gym)

Posted 19 August 2003 - 08:04 PM

Crikey guys - you guys are fast... I did 85.73 in a Clio Cup Racer... full chicane on the back- straight - but you mostly drove straight through it.... (best time of day was 85.17)... I thought this would have been quicker than a VXT !!?? Mick

#6 N4VXT

N4VXT

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 08:17 PM

80.67... would have been better but... ... 4 laps in the right front ball-joint let go at about 80mph just entering the main straight (sans pifpaf). Front right corner of car on floor - do not pass go slide straight off. Have to say guys very appolagetic and got me in a spare car with a few laps to go, when I did 2 81's and an 80. But what would I have done (You have to admit as racing drivers excuses go this is good!). Moral... after a few spins I would be inclined to at least inspect bottom ball joints as no-one at Palmer Audi seemed too suprised! Wouldn't want this to happen at Nurburgring! Hoppo is a great instructor BTW, last session was fun as he just shut up and let me drive with a few pointers, not trying to talk every corner or even brake for me as previous instructors! He even shook my hand and said he'd enjoyed the ride... top bloke! Imnotworthy Nik

#7 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 09:11 AM

We did the south circuit yesterday. I got a 72, which is only 2 seconds off the Palmer Jag time apparently. :D

#8 B4D_VX

B4D_VX

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 09:32 AM

I guess it's only fair you were quick on the track, after all you drove like a poof on the slalom :)

#9 benw

benw

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 10:59 AM

:D :D 76.3 for me yesterday. I also did a 76.8 earlier in the day and both these times included a spin :o Obviously trying too hard and was bound to get caught out on one of the turns!!

#10 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 12:52 PM

I guess it's only fair you were quick on the track, after all you drove like a poof on the slalom :)

Only 1 second slower than you dough boy. Don't make me post your parking score. ;)

#11 B4D_VX

B4D_VX

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 02:34 PM

Only 1 second slower than you dough boy. Don't make me post your parking score. ;)

:saw:

#12 SSH1

SSH1

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 09:21 AM

1.23.8 on West circuit with the micky mouse chicane, on one of the laps when I didn't spin! ;) Special mention to my Girlfrend who despite the instructors reassurances that there was no danger of hitting anything if you spun, managed a spectacular spin & slide across the grass backwards into a marker post cracking the underneath of the rear bumper. Both she and the instructor came back in wetting themselves with laughter.

#13 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 09 October 2003 - 10:04 AM

I got a 1.13 on the South circuit on my last session yesterday :) - the instructor seemed well chuffed as i was 1.15 in the previous sessions Big thanks to him though - he really gave me some pointers and confidence.... also had a couple of 360 offs :D

#14 stuntman

stuntman

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit, performance poetry, rock music and proper driving

Posted 10 October 2003 - 09:47 PM

74.56 on the South Circuit today (10 Oct). Not bad, but not as good as some of the times above.... Imnotworthy Had a fantastic day today. The skid control car broke down so we had Caterham Slalom instead - really good fun car (was fastest, clearly I like it ;) ). My parking score's probably worse than anyone else on here though :o

#15 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 08:19 AM

I forgot to say that my 72 was in the wet. How were the conditions for everyone else?

#16 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 11 October 2003 - 04:42 PM

I forgot to say that my 72 was in the wet.  How were the conditions for everyone else?

No fcuking way dude :beat: ?? In the wet and 2 sec off the PS Jag time?? :o

Did they have the chicane in on the shorter straight?? The tutor with me seemed pretty happy with my 1.13.98 in the dry....

Edited by cheeky_chops, 11 October 2003 - 04:45 PM.

#17 stuntman

stuntman

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit, performance poetry, rock music and proper driving

Posted 11 October 2003 - 08:14 PM

I forgot to say that my 72 was in the wet.  How were the conditions for everyone else?

No fcuking way dude :beat: ?? In the wet and 2 sec off the PS Jag time?? :o

Did they have the chicane in on the shorter straight?? The tutor with me seemed pretty happy with my 1.13.98 in the dry....

Streetboy has to be winding us up!

Maybe he cut through from the chicane on the shorter straight. Turn sharp left, then left again and hey presto you've joined on the main straight and missed out three corners!

72 in the wet? The words of Jim Royle spring to mind....
Not that I'm competitive at all :D

Oh yeah - dry for me, chicane in (but only one chicane on that straight, not two)

#18 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 08:59 AM

The chicane was in and it was raining intermittently. I was doing consistent 74s until the last crazy lap where I got it sliding on every corner. :D But 72 is nothing compaired to the 70 second target that my instructor set! Imnotworthy It’s amazing how much grip the VX has in the wet. I'd love to try it again in the dry.

#19 CALYPSO_VXT

CALYPSO_VXT

• PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 12 October 2003 - 11:43 AM

I forgot to say that my 72 was in the wet. How were the conditions for everyone else?

I achieved a fairly similar and very respectable time (so I was told) of 71.7

It was snowing lightly with an inch already on the track ! ;) Both chicane were a little tricky but you could take them full throttle once you got use to the conditions.

#20 Bengie

Bengie

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 09:18 AM

I walked round in 74.41 (south) yesterday... Well, it wasn't raining or snowing, and the instructors reconed the Turbo is too much of a handful in non-inclement conditions :) Think I might have got better scores on the parking if I'd spun the bloody thing in...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users