Bedford Freebee Day 14/8/03

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PhilK

PhilK

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 09:47 PM

What a great day that was! My VX felt like it had asthma on the way home, due to the fact it's missing 5 very important letters....... namely "t", "u", "r", "b" & "o". Can the chap (sorry crap with names) with the big camera, drop me a line so I can get a copy of my mega spin out of turn 12. cheers Phil

#2 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 09:01 AM

It was a great day wasn't it. Can't wait to see some of Paul's pictures that he took of the track sessions. Jase

#3 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 15 August 2003 - 09:13 AM

It was a great day wasn't it. Can't wait to see some of Paul's pictures that he took of the track sessions.

Jase

So? You booked silverstone yet? ;)

#4 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 09:40 AM

Not sure Silverstone would be ideal for an easily intimidated novice like me. That 120mph left hander at Bedford was pretty mental and I think there'd be lots of high speed sections like that at Silverstone as it's a big wide open GP circuit. I think I'd prefer a tighter track with shorter straights and more tight sections. I absolutely loved that temporary chicane on the back straight at Bedford yesterday. Had that nailed by the end of the morning section, flying through at silly speeds. Didn't enjoy it so much when they took it out leaving a long stretch of fast road. Apart from the track sessions, I think the slalom course was the highlight of the day for me yesterday. I could spend all day doing that!

#5 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 15 August 2003 - 06:57 PM

hey phil - see this thread.

http://www.vx220.org...t=ST&f=6&t=3153

didn't think to look for a thread in here until now.. good to meet you. gald you made it here. hopefully will see you again. your big spin is on there - shot by jase, not me. good job with the shot jmk :D

#6 PhilK

PhilK

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 10:01 PM

What's JMK? Top pics by the way!

#7 jneill

jneill

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts
  • Interests:QI