Sheds-r-us

• Please log in to reply
1051 replies to this topic

#41 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts
  • Interests:yachting, diving, steam waggons, cars that don't break down, giving up on the output of any car builder from Norfolk.

Posted 14 April 2006 - 05:43 AM

Mine is on a mix of Dunlop 'Sports' ( :lol: ), Roadstone (?) and Viking (?). The mismatches are on the driven wheels, obviously

Roadstone? Viking? Mismatches on the driven wheels?

You've played this game before, haven't you?

#42 Guest_AntB (Guest)

Guest_AntB (Guest)

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:43 AM

drove the wee beastie to it's MoT yesterday and dropped it off at the garage, then i got in my car to go get the girlf and her car (which i'd left at the seller's house) and my god does the 106 make me appreciate my car more. the 106 will carry far more rubble though :D tyres are matched and the rears are goodyears. i suck at this game :( :lol:

#43 BogBrush

BogBrush

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:41 PM

My best shed so far has been a K reg volvo 440 turbo. I paid 350 quid for it at an auction and it was bonkers! The torque steer when coming out of a corner was certainly interesting. I loved the turbo and oil pressure gauges though and also the electric dash that used to cut off every now and again leaving me with no instrumentation :D

#44 Guest_AntB (Guest)

Guest_AntB (Guest)

Posted 24 April 2006 - 03:06 PM

i've been a fool i got my car for £180, if i wanted a diesel i should have bought >this< :(

i'm such a muppet :rolleyes:

#45 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts
  • Interests:yachting, diving, steam waggons, cars that don't break down, giving up on the output of any car builder from Norfolk.

Posted 24 April 2006 - 03:10 PM

Peugeot 106 Look 2? Perhaps that is short for Peugeot 106 Look 2 The Sky And Wonder Who On Earth Would Want To Buy This Heap Of Shite? The full name is probably a bit long for the boot lid now I think about it. .

#46 Guest_AntB (Guest)

Guest_AntB (Guest)

Posted 24 April 2006 - 03:11 PM

The seller lowered the reserve price.

let's think long and hard as to why he did this hmmmmm............... :unsure:

#47 Guest_AntB (Guest)

Guest_AntB (Guest)

Posted 26 May 2006 - 02:59 PM

btt TT what do you want to know about diesel motoring? :unsure:

#48 TurboTomato

TurboTomato

K-Series Detonator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,881 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 03:11 PM

How many mpg does your shed do? I put about about £40ish or just over worth of petrol in mine and it gets me about 320 miles in mixed driving. I would need something that does a fair bit over that Parkers reckons 39mpg for my car, I have thought about a ZX diesel but according to parkers that only does 3mpg more :blink: but it quotes 53-58 for the 106

Edited by TurboTomato, 26 May 2006 - 03:11 PM.

#49 Guest_AntB (Guest)

Guest_AntB (Guest)

Posted 26 May 2006 - 03:19 PM

like i say, about 66mpg for the general dual carriageway work that i do. only 56mpg-ish with a combination of town (mostly town) and dual carriageway this week. it's quite odd, driving a pitifully slow car well is nearly as hard as driving a fast car quickly. not having the get out of jail free cards of excess acceleration and braking has certainly made me a more observant driver, although i did nearly rear end someone last night :lol: driving in a far less capable car also makes you realise even moreso than the vx what tw@ts most people drive like, as you don't have the opportunity to pass them you spend more time stuck on the same bit of road as other drivers seeing over and over that they are just not paying attention to the road/ conditions :beat:. if you're looking for stacks more speed (within reason) may i suggest a 306 diesel, no turbo. great cars. last forever thumbsup edit: have to say i don't give a fcuk about beating other drivers, like some do when i'm in the vx. plus trying to get it round corners on 155 tyres is fcuking hilarious. handles like my sofa :lol:

Edited by AntB, 26 May 2006 - 03:22 PM.

#50 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 03:46 PM

can we all go on a shed hunt for me please (bmw has to spend next winter in france). Post way the (semi-decent) ones you come accross. thank you.

#51 Guest_AntB (Guest)

Guest_AntB (Guest)

Posted 29 May 2006 - 05:14 PM

can we all go on a shed hunt for me please (bmw has to spend next winter in france). Post way the (semi-decent) ones you come accross.

thank you.

any 106 diesel. preferably one with no MOT and a fcuked headgasket as they are a POP to change and most people are terrified of the words "failed head gasket, needs replacement".

yes, i have issues :lol:

#52 TurboTomato

TurboTomato

K-Series Detonator

• 13,881 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:22 AM

I had to pull over this morning and pull what could only really be described as some sort of wig from out of the exhaust :blink:

#53 RobNA

RobNA

RobSC :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:25 AM

Only just found this thread, but i'm afraid i have been completely outshed'd :blink:

Heres mine,
Posted Image

The day i got it, such happy memories ;)

One lady owner (wife of a policeman), 24,000 miles, FSH, 1.4 litres of pure power

All for £800. As they say, its not what you know, its who you know :)

#54 Guest_AntB (Guest)

Guest_AntB (Guest)

Posted 01 June 2006 - 03:44 PM

right, you'll get sick of me posting these <first dodgy pug> if it goes for anywhere near that you've got yourself a bargain. seller is clearly a moron and changing the head gasket takes about 4 hours tops. thumbsup

sick of my pro 106 sh1tbox agenda yet? :P :lol:

my fuel bill, still not got around to home brew :beat: has gone from £40 a week to £15 thumbsup

I had to pull over this morning and pull what could only really be described as some sort of wig from out of the exhaust :blink:

:lol:

[106 pub bore]

no wigs out of mine yet

[/106 pub bore]

#55 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 08:20 PM

woohoo! i am a select member of the shed group. And its a cracker. corsa 1.5D 1995 with 100k on it. Newish engine about 2k miles ago. [somerset accent on] Proper tractor like [sumerset accent off] i'm suprise how pleased i am with it. Oh and i found it on ebay of course.

Edited by JamesGray, 02 June 2006 - 08:21 PM.

#56 TurboTomato

TurboTomato

K-Series Detonator

• 13,881 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 11:51 AM

Niiiiiice :lol: I suppose I should really put a new exhaust on mine..... but then I might let all of the wadding to fall out instead as it'll make it sound a bit meatier :P

#57 Tony_M

Tony_M

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,752 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Karate, Indoor Climbing, Running, Gym, PS2

Posted 05 June 2006 - 03:31 PM

I'm going to have to play this game soon....

#58 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 03:33 PM

oh you should tony, its good fun, i think mine needs a new clutch! :lol: :lol: :lol: * *very cheap and pretty easy to fit... :D

#59 TurboTomato

TurboTomato

K-Series Detonator

• 13,881 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 03:47 PM

oh you should tony, its good fun, i think mine needs a new clutch! :lol: :lol: :lol: *

Ding!

You don't fancy doing mine do you?

I think my gearbox may be on the way out as well :P

#60 Tony_M

Tony_M

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,752 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Karate, Indoor Climbing, Running, Gym, PS2

Posted 05 June 2006 - 03:50 PM

I'm going to be looking for a beaten up :beat: dirt cheap estate.... ...but not just yet :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users