Ohlins Kit

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 17 September 2003 - 12:04 PM

Delta motor is finalizing a susp. kit made by the top-manif. Ohlins (spelling? :unsure: ) looks great, a work of art, of course I had to I put it on their scale, :P :lol: and each shock weights an impressive 850 grams!! :blink: B) a spring has to be added, but I'm going to dismantle my Spax and see how the shock weights compare... cost: quality does not come cheap as you can imagine, at 2200 euros.... :(

Attached Files

#2 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 17 September 2003 - 12:06 PM

forgot to mention that the already impressive 850 grams includes the reservoir, (about 200 grams) that will be installed on the frame, so not part of the unsprung weight.... B)

#3 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 01:26 PM

very nice kit! and you say E2200 that doesnt seen too bad for top range shox,you would pay nearly 500-600 plus for a motorbike rear shock.just have the fun of setting it up now!!

#4 Chuck

Chuck

• PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Home Entertainment, Computing

Posted 17 September 2003 - 08:07 PM

Ricky thats a bargin for Ohlins, Evo versions are twice that and some. Does this mean UK dist will sell Ohlins kit for the VX?

#5 R1 nur

R1 nur

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts
  • Interests:Aerobatics, Cars, Bikes, Birds, having fun.

Posted 17 September 2003 - 09:34 PM

Well if I do not buy a sprint this will be on the Mods list!

#6 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts
  • Interests:Er... cars?

Posted 17 September 2003 - 10:06 PM

Ricky, Have Delta-Motor still not got the springs? They were waiting for them when I was there a couple of weeks back. Ohlins is on my list for next Spring – along with: Delta-Motor supercharger – I'm still waiting for confirmation of the Swiss official approval on the supercharger (pity you couldn't drive it BTW – looking forward to your critique) Thorneys OZ(?) rims plus appropriate tyres Harness bar that fits belt top mounting point without any speaker clearance hassle – surely someone can sort this for us??? Brake mods – still waiting on this one – did Delta say anymore to you about their Brembo plans for the Speedster – they are official agents and are working on something but didn't seem to be a priority for them from what I gathered. That package should make Hockenheim even more fun! :jump: What else did you ask/discover at Delta–Motor? :)

#7 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 07:24 AM

Delta-Motor supercharger – I'm still waiting for confirmation of the Swiss official approval on the supercharger (pity you couldn't drive it BTW – looking forward to your critique)

about the charger, on tuesday mr. Felix had just received the news that all was approved.... all was left to to is to enlist the parts numbers...

no springs to date yet! will ask'em again on sat!

IF i got it right , only very few kits of Ohlins will be made.... 25 or so.

and no news about Brembo's....

forgot to ask about forged pistons, since its an engine-out job.... :rolleyes: :P

#8 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 18 September 2003 - 08:02 AM

There isn't a Brembo kit which will fit under standard wheels (might be diff for the aftermarket ones but depends on what you have). AP kit from the Sprint will fit tho :P If you can't get Oehlins then remember Nitrons can be made to order (and is same quality kit). Harness bar - we're working on a bolt in option.

#9 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 05:12 PM

AP kit from the Sprint will fit tho :P

Harness bar - we're working on a bolt in option.

Is the AP kit what you've got lined up for your VXT? I thought you found it a bit dodgy for road use?:unsure:
Will it be available to us lesser mortals? :P

Great news on the bolt-in harness bar! cheers If you can directly fit it to the top mounts without any hassle, I'll definitely have one – as long as the price is sane. :lol:

#10 Gavin

Gavin

• PipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 07:28 PM

Brake upgrade I am in the process of uprating my front brakes using a set of High Spec Motorsport Billet 4 Caliper with either 310mm or 325mm disk, my VXT is in their workshop on Monday to measure up. They manufacture the disk and Calipers on site, approx. cost £800 including fitting. I have been recommended to them by several rally and track teams around the Brands Hatch area. Hi Spec are based in Dartford, Tel 01322 286850 talk to Geoff. Will post some pics soon, but they look mad. Gavin

#11 clipping_point

clipping_point

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 09:16 AM

I don´t know, but I don´t think that there will be any problem getting the Öhlins shocks. I asked a firm in Sweden and they mentioned the price but didn´t state that there is any limit of produced components. The price of Öhlins is horrific but indicate that the shocks are more or less handmade. Thus, they can manufacture more of them when asked. These things are state-of art Imnotworthy but I can´t see how they fit in my limited budget :( . Just bought Eibach springs on Ebay for 149 Euro, thats more my league. :unsure:

Edited by clipping_point, 23 September 2003 - 09:18 AM.

#12 R1 nur

R1 nur

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 01:31 PM

Fit these to a VXT Sprint with Thorneys (AMD) Charge Cooler, Milltek Zorst and that Viper thingy. Oh yeh - bring it on! B) How quick!

#13 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 23 September 2003 - 03:38 PM

The Nitrons are pretty much identical to the Oehlins but remember the Nitrons are being used on the race cars and on all the racing Elises so they know a fiar bit aobut what srping rates, valving to sue for the kind of car the vx is.

#14 R1 nur

R1 nur

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 02:02 PM

Is the AP kit what you've got lined up for your VXT? I thought you found it a bit dodgy for road use?:unsure:

Great news on the bolt-in harness bar! cheers If you can directly fit it to the top mounts without any hassle, I'll definitely have one – as long as the price is sane. :lol:

Any comment Thorney?

#15 R1 nur

R1 nur

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 02:03 PM

Brake upgrade

I am in the process of uprating my front brakes using a set of High Spec Motorsport Billet 4 Caliper with either 310mm or 325mm disk, my VXT is in their workshop on Monday to measure up. They manufacture the disk and Calipers on site, approx. cost £800 including fitting. I have been recommended to them by several rally and track teams around the Brands Hatch area.
Hi Spec are based in Dartford, Tel 01322 286850 talk to Geoff.

Will post some pics soon, but they look mad.

Gavin

How are your brakes Gavin?

#16 SSH1

SSH1

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 09:34 AM

Yeah, Gavin Did you get the brakes done??? Chris

#17 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 11:50 PM

Link for the Ohlins shocks for Elise/VX HERE
:)

#18 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 29 October 2003 - 09:07 AM

Any comment Thorney?

Sorry missed this. The AP kit is perfect for us, it was only the pad choice that made them hard for the road.

Hi-spec gets mixed reviews from people.

#19 Gavin

Gavin

• PipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 02:35 PM

Thorney The AP Front brakes, could you answer a few questions Are they 4 pots? What disk and size? What pads? How much? Also regarding the Hi Spec Brakes, I am considering these, I had the car measured up today, they can fit their Billet 4 Brake caliper with their 325mm disk, they recommend EBC Green stuff if using for fast road and no much track time or Mintex 1144 if more track time required. Total price including Calpiers, Disks, Pads, Fluid and Stell brake hoses £850 inc Vat but not fitted. I spoke to a friend how work for a race team based near Brands, and he raves about them. Like to hear you opinions Gavin

#20 B4D_VX

B4D_VX

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 05:17 PM

Gavin - I sell a good few Hi Spec kits each month (not for the VX) and I've had nothing but good feedback about them. It's not a trendy name such as AP or Brembo, but it's well engineered, good quality kit for good money. I'm seriously thinking about putting a set of these on the front of my Turbo when I finally get it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users