Hid Group Buy

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 AntonG

AntonG

• PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:54 PM

Well as winter is coming and the dip beam are truely awful count me in for a set of H1's when do we need to pay for these? off to itally shortly and could really do with them after next payday but may be able to squeeze before

#42 richyroff

richyroff

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:06 PM

I could well be interested in some H1's too. pencil me in for some if you have any spares left. Rich

#43 Muncher

Muncher

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:02 PM

I will send you a PM guys. I have 4 sets left, will be two after you guys. I'll be personally re-imbursing my mate when they arrive so will be eager to find someone who wants them, first come, first served :) August 31, 2006 04:06 Departed from DHL facility in Hong Kong - Hub - Hong Kong:)

#44 i need nos

i need nos

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:56 PM

are the h1 and h7 going to have the same light output in candlepower or however its measured? so wont matter if u have h1 or h7? idealy id like h7s but if the small light is as powerfull it will remedy the candle bulb problem..

#45 Muncher

Muncher

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 03:57 PM

To be honest, I don't know :) It isn't possible to fit the main beam bulb as dipped beam etc, the bulbs themselves have the same fitment as standard bulbs so they would not sit properly. The kits have just arrived, pictures to follow shortly ;)

#46 Muncher

Muncher

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 04:28 PM

The kits that arrived are different to before.
  • Smaller ballasts
  • Better quality fixings
  • Better fixing kit
  • Nicer box
  • 12v feed wires pre-inserted through rubber bung, the others weren't
Generally, they look better thumbsup

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm going to fit mine tomorrow, check they are all OK then hopefully send them out on Monday, although I start lawschool on Monday so I will have to see when I can fit that in :)

#47 i need nos

i need nos

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 04:37 PM

please do some before and after pictures! take one tonight of your headlights where u normaly park your car in the evening and again tomorrow night in the same spot! are u fitting h1 or h7 to yours? i heard if u fit the smaller h1 set the regular main beam wont work? let us know ..

#48 Muncher

Muncher

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 04:43 PM

I'll try to :) The problem with my lights at the moment is they are slightly scratched following an attempted refurbish of the lenses and there is some condensation in there again, despite them being sealed, but you should be able to get the idea. I'm fitting both H1 and H7, the doublewhammy. They should both work, I can't possibly see why not.

#49 i need nos

i need nos

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 04:56 PM

just something i read on the elise forum or eliseparts stated that there were issues with connecting the h1 up and not firing up when the main beam was selected cos there interlinked or something? not trying to put a downer on the whole thing but il probaly have a set off u if theres any left, but i read so many diffrent storys i dont know who to believe, i guess the proof is very much in the pudding!

#50 Muncher

Muncher

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:11 PM

just something i read on the elise forum or eliseparts stated that there were issues with connecting the h1 up and not firing up when the main beam was selected cos there interlinked or something? not trying to put a downer on the whole thing but il probaly have a set off u if theres any left, but i read so many diffrent storys i dont know who to believe, i guess the proof is very much in the pudding!

Hmm, I guess I'll find out. In theory there should be no difference between using HID and standard Xenons, all the existing wiring is doing is supplying 12 volts, that's all.

#51 Muncher

Muncher

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 07:36 PM

I've fitted main beam and dipped beam to my car. It's only really getting dark now, but they are extremely bright and look very cool. Both working fine, no problems at all. The kits come with nuts and bolts for fixing, but they are very fiddly to fit as you can't easily get to the other side without taking the clam off. So following advice from my mate I used self tapping screws, these work a treat, absolute piece of cake to screw in and hold it very solid. Rather than everyone trying to find some self tapping screws, I'll buy a bag of them this week to send out with the kits. Me: Just turned them on, are they bright? Dad: I don't know, I can't see anything other than a scorching white light :P

#52 Muncher

Muncher

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:47 PM

Posted Image
BEFORE

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Main Beam On

Posted Image
Dipped Beam

Extremely pleased with them, it is quite literally night and day. You can see so much further, can drive massively faster at night. I really like the main beam, so glad I went for that one too.

I should add it is extremely difficult to photograph the whole effect, it's difficult to even look straight at them from a few yards away in the dark, let alone take a photo.

#53 i need nos

i need nos

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 01:59 AM

so is the main beam the h7 kit? and how many kits u got spare, looking very cool i must add..

#54 mcbunny

mcbunny

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 11:18 AM

muncher if your going to ship them to arive between the 11th and the 25th i will need them to be sent to a different address as i will be in dubai :D oh and if anyone wants to buy a set of h1 let me know as i dont need mine any more as i sold my car

#55 i need nos

i need nos

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:07 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...1QQcmdZViewItem

did u look at these sets before ordering yours? is there much diffrence in ballasts etc cos these look like a quality build, and have a slight blue tint to them as there 8000k as opposed to bright white, your kits do look the nuts though muncher, im uming and arring lol..

#56 mcbunny

mcbunny

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:49 PM

8000k is far too blue imho 6000/6500 is ideal

#57 i need nos

i need nos

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 01:09 PM

http://www.xtreme-hid.tk/

this company in london seem very informative and there kits are built to a very high standard, any kit between 129.99 and £200 are of similar quality, when u get a kit from abroad they do tend to charge you around 50 pounds for import duty even if they say u dont pay any, its to cover themselves.. like eveything else its trial and error, ui wonder what nissan 350z colour band is?

#58 Muncher

Muncher

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 03:02 PM

so is the main beam the h7 kit? and how many kits u got spare, looking very cool i must add..

Main beam is H7. They do look very, very cool.

I have a few H1 spare. Only one H7 kit left, which is going to sixspeed. I will see if my mate has any spare.

If anyone now drives my car at night, down some windy roads, I honestly don't think they could go back to driving with non HID lights.

I didn't look at any others to be honest, my mate has dealt with this company for some time and is very happy with them so that was good enough for me. I'm very happy with the way the kit is put together. the connectors are excellent, the cables the right length and the whole lot has a quality feel to it.

The "Engrish" instructions are also worthy of a chuckle :P

It took me 2 or 3 hours to install, a fair while to remove the other ballasts I had installed in anticipation. As long as you are comfortable removing a wheel and the wheel arch liner I'd say most people could do it in 2 hours. Allow an afternoon so you don't rush and damamge the bulbs and you'll be fine.

ps. The mainbeams are absolutely fine for "flashing" people, they take about quarter of a second to come on.

I'm now off to B&Q to buy some self tapping screws to dish out to people as I'm feeling generous :P

#59 johnnym1

johnnym1

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:01 PM

Just need to clarify as I think (it may be sorted now but still) some people are unsure of what main/full/dipped beams are.. people are saying 'main' beam when they actually mean dipped, main beam/full beam is the same thing, the beam you use when no one is around and to flash people, the other, for normal all-the-time driving, is dipped thumbsup

#60 Polarbert

Polarbert

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:15 PM

They look cool. Got HIDs on the clio at the moment and I really wouldn't want another car without them. If you say that you can chop and change then thats fantastic. Think I will have to invest in a set when I hopefully get my VX in a couple of years time. Do the people you ordered from have a website?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users