For Those With Spax

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RWinstanley

RWinstanley

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:38 PM

I've got a set of Spax sat on my living room floor ready for fitting after but current shocks where diagnosed as leaking termanaly. However maybe i'm being thick but i can't figure out from the instructions which way is full hard or full soft. So which way is which? Also what's a good starting point for road driving? Cheers Rob

#2 csl_freak

csl_freak

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:44 PM

Also what's a good starting point for road driving?

Cheers

Rob

Passing a driving licence..... rallly Putting the key in the ignition :drink:

Sorry couldt resist :D

Hope somebody can answer the real question :)

#3 SteveM

SteveM

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 09:24 PM

Turn the dial towards "+" for harder and towards "-" for softer :blink: . Mine are 12 clicks from the hardest setting on the front and 14 clicks from hard on the rear (as set by Plans Motorsport). I may make them a few clicks softer all round for the road as they are a bit hard (lived with them like this since April though), but I reckon i could've set them a few clicks harder for my recent trackday. Hope this helps thumbsup Steve

#4 RWinstanley

RWinstanley

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:22 PM

Turn the dial towards "+" for harder and towards "-" for softer :blink: .

there is no + or - indicator on the ones i've got :beat: can someone have a look which way is which, at the minute I've assumed that clockwise is harder as i supose it's a valve you close to make them flow less gas.

Cheers

Rob

#5 Gary G

Gary G

• Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 04:50 PM

In my experience left is usually softer and right harder. :)

#6 SteveM

SteveM

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 05:03 PM

softer to the left, harder to the right thumbsup

#7 RWinstanley

RWinstanley

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 05:34 PM

Yes it was me being thick, well unobservant i expected the indicator to be near the knob not 8 inchs above under the spring :beat: so today I've fitted a new upper rear ball joint, what a pig of a job that was. It took 2 of us 1.5 hours using a fully equiped workshop, and full set of spax. Although I misjudged how much to move the collar up so seem to be running a VX off roader :blink: . I'm going to book it in to horizon next week to get the ride hight and geo done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users