To Cover Or Not To Cover...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 razorsharp192

razorsharp192

• Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:48 PM

covered my door panels yesterday, as when i sprayed them black, they didnt look THAT good, so covered them in pleather, look really good, really pleased with how they've turned out pic

got a lot of material left over....so, do i cover the dash panel and/or the centre bit (with the handbrake)? not sure if it might be a bit overkill....

also, how do i take that centre part out if i do go ahead and cover it?

#2 mandarinvx

mandarinvx

King of First Replies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:31 PM

Looks good thumbsup I did a spare set of dash panels in the same soft leather, though haven't got round to fitting them :rolleyes: Where did you get the leather from, I can only seem to find small offcuts for sale :blink: I think the centre console is just held in with the small plastic screws. You may need to use a different kind of leather though, I'm not sure the soft stuff will stand up to a pair of jeans rubbing against it :unsure: Cheers, Adam :)

#3 razorsharp192

razorsharp192

• Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:51 PM

Looks good thumbsup

I did a spare set of dash panels in the same soft leather, though haven't got round to fitting them :rolleyes:

Where did you get the leather from, I can only seem to find small offcuts for sale :blink:

I think the centre console is just held in with the small plastic screws. You may need to use a different kind of leather though, I'm not sure the soft stuff will stand up to a pair of jeans rubbing against it :unsure:

Cheers,

Adam :)

git a big roll of it from a local motor shop, not sure if its a chain, its called "MOTOSAVE" £20 for a 1.5m x 1.5m i think. got tons of it left thats why i'm thinking of covering more stuff. maybe i've got thin legs but i dont rub mine on the console....

#4 Code Monkey

Code Monkey

forum whore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:20 PM

centre console just held in with front two screws and locates under the cig lighter, dont need to remove the cig lighter tho to take out just makes it a little easier. careful on not making it too much thicker tho only just fits now,

#5 christurbo

christurbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts
  • Interests:My Civic Type R
    My Black Beast of a VX!!!

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:17 AM

Looks very, very nice. Id defo do the rest B)

#6 razorsharp192

razorsharp192

• Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 05:31 PM

Looks very, very nice. Id defo do the rest B)

cheers mate, sorry to hear about your car btw :( , it made me want a black one next!

#7 razorsharp192

razorsharp192

• Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 09:03 PM

right, spent a couple of hours tonight covering the centre console, looks pretty good, apart from.... when i was covering it, the front part (the end with the gear stick), the material wont stretch THAT much, so i've had to kind of fold it and overlap it, not really pleased with how it looks. how has other people done this? any pics would be useful! :)

#8 Crimson_Killa

Crimson_Killa

Posting My Opinion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:44 PM

right, spent a couple of hours tonight covering the centre console, looks pretty good, apart from....

when i was covering it, the front part (the end with the gear stick), the material wont stretch THAT much, so i've had to kind of fold it and overlap it, not really pleased with how it looks. how has other people done this? any pics would be useful! :)

How about this for an idea,

on the front edge corner (if that makes sense) cut it on the corner. get it roughly in to shape and stitch it togther with larger black cotton, then stick it down streching it a little.

that way it would look look apholstered (spelling)

or do it the way the tubby has it any way, the top and front sections stiched on to the side sections.??

#9 razorsharp192

razorsharp192

• Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 04:14 PM

right, spent a couple of hours tonight covering the centre console, looks pretty good, apart from....

when i was covering it, the front part (the end with the gear stick), the material wont stretch THAT much, so i've had to kind of fold it and overlap it, not really pleased with how it looks. how has other people done this? any pics would be useful! :)

How about this for an idea,

on the front edge corner (if that makes sense) cut it on the corner. get it roughly in to shape and stitch it togther with larger black cotton, then stick it down streching it a little.

that way it would look look apholstered (spelling)

or do it the way the tubby has it any way, the top and front sections stiched on to the side sections.??

only problem with that is that its all stuck down already... quite prepared to rip the front bit off, but dont want to take the whole thing off...

#10 razorsharp192

razorsharp192

• Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:53 PM

all done :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Rumbley

Rumbley

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:17 PM

awsome job. Think i will have a crack at mine very soon. im just having trouble getting hold of the leather/alcantara to do them with. very nice pics

#12 VIX

VIX

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:34 PM

This thread is getting decidedly poof ! Did you pad the door cards out or just use the leather? Looks good! thumbsup

#13 razorsharp192

razorsharp192

• Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:48 PM

This thread is getting decidedly poof !
Did you pad the door cards out or just use the leather? Looks good! thumbsup

just used the leather, its foam backed, so its a bit padded anyway :) looks really good if i do say so myself :)

#14 adtmits

adtmits

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:13 AM

Looks great. Ive ordered some this weeked off fleebay. Ad

#15 rdjmoose

rdjmoose

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 07:33 PM

Where do you get the leather? Is there a web site you can buy it off? THink it looks really good and would like to cover my dented and scuffed cards and centre console

#16 razorsharp192

razorsharp192

• Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 06:41 PM

Where do you get the leather? Is there a web site you can buy it off?

THink it looks really good and would like to cover my dented and scuffed cards and centre console

got mine from a car shop called MOTOSAVE, just bought a roll of it

#17 iceman

iceman

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,159 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 06:56 PM

thumbsup A very neat and professional job, looks lovely. Personally i'd not do it as i have a silver baby, so the more silver on show the better (for me) but i like what you've done for a coloured vx B) ..would look even better in matching yellow but i guess getting the same yellow would be very hard (more an expensive frogman and tadpole option i suppose) Anyway...an excellent job done that man Imnotworthy :)

#18 razorsharp192

razorsharp192

• Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:23 PM

thumbsup A very neat and professional job, looks lovely.

Personally i'd not do it as i have a silver baby, so the more silver on show the better (for me) but i like what you've done for a coloured vx B) ..would look even better in matching yellow but i guess getting the same yellow would be very hard (more an expensive frogman and tadpole option i suppose)

Anyway...an excellent job done that man Imnotworthy :)

yeah i was thinking of going for the yellow look to match the outside of the car, but thought it might be a bit over the top and TOO YELLOW, bit loud for me (he says driving a bright yellow car...), plus there's nothing else yellow inside the car (not like the vxr with red seats)

Edited by razorsharp192, 24 August 2006 - 08:30 PM.

#19 RobNA

RobNA

RobSC :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:52 PM

Looks like a professional job there thumbsup want to do mine? Imnotworthy

#20 MEAGY

MEAGY

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:24 PM

looks awsome mate, make the interior look more like a car rather than a sardine tin... thumbsup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users