Piaa Silicon Wiper

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 02 October 2003 - 04:19 PM

just fitted a silicon wiper blade - not tried it yet as, strangely for manchester, it isn't raining. have noticed tho, that it's way shallower in it's depth, than the orginal one and therefore can't make the curve of the screen at the sides... hoping it's not gonna cause problem when it rains - looking nice and snug across the rest of the screen. anyone else fitted one and noticed the same thing? btw it was £17 from demon-tweeks.

#2 Ratspants

Ratspants

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 07:23 AM

I've got a PIAA silicone wiper on order from Demon Tweeks for my golf. Unfortunately the VX has a 23inch (i think) wiper and PIAA only do 22 or 24 inch sizes. They do, however, do an additional curved version of both those sizes. It's advertised on the PIAA website (along with a product code) so it should be possible to order it, although Demon Tweeks don't mention them. I was going to go to Carnoisseur in Dunstable in the next week or two as they are PIAA wiper stockists and might be able to order a curved version for me. Ben P.S. In the interim I've slapped some RainX on and it hasn't rained since. Doh!

#3 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 03 October 2003 - 09:02 AM

it's a 24'' wiper on the vx ratspants. i tested it this morning and it's working fine, but i think if people do buy one then it would be best to go for the deeper curve version :)

Edited by skiddo, 03 October 2003 - 09:02 AM.

#4 Ratspants

Ratspants

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 09:16 AM

it's a 24'' wiper on the vx ratspants.

OK, it was dark and i was using a pants tape measure on a friends VX :rolleyes:

Let us know how it works out (although I think i'll probably buy one anyway :)).

Ben

#5 robS

robS

• Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Currently drive a TVR Cerbera but I fancy a change. I'm not 100% sure what to go for next as there isn't much to compete with the performance and image of the cerbie. I've been thinking of the Elise/VX as they're so different from the TVR, bit unsure about the whole sill issue though, at 6'1 with a narrow garage getting in and out could be an issue!

Posted 05 October 2003 - 07:50 PM

Hey Skiddo, do you think it would be possible to just fit the silicon blade into the original blade carrier so that it keeps the correct contour?

You can buy just the blades online here:
http://www.a-pp.com

cheers,
Rob

#6 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 05 October 2003 - 08:07 PM

don't see why not, rob. although mines working brilliantly - tested it good and proper today. less drag too i reckon :lol:

#7 Ratspants

Ratspants

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 10:11 AM

They do, however, do an additional curved version of both those sizes.

Looks like I'm talking rubbish here too. PIAA only do curved in 22". I think I'll try with the 24" blade only and see if i can squeeze it in to the original carrier.

Ben

#8 robS

robS

• Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Currently drive a TVR Cerbera but I fancy a change. I'm not 100% sure what to go for next as there isn't much to compete with the performance and image of the cerbie. I've been thinking of the Elise/VX as they're so different from the TVR, bit unsure about the whole sill issue though, at 6'1 with a narrow garage getting in and out could be an issue!

Posted 10 October 2003 - 09:27 PM

OK, here's the word! I got just a 24" replacement blade from PIAA and it's not ideal. It's not a direct replacement for the existing rubber section but it can just about be squeezed on. It's not strictly speaking clipped into place but it is a very tight fit so I can't see it flying off any time soon. Strange, there's no appropriate smiley for wiper rubber flying off and the windscreen getting scratched to hell by the empty blade holder, I dunno! cheers, Rob

#9 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 10 October 2003 - 09:59 PM

kinda glad i went for the whole thing - but i'm a sucker for logos :lol: love the white PIAA silicon on the frame. :D

how much was just the silicon element, rob?

the frame and blade was £17.00 for D-T's

Edited by skiddo, 10 October 2003 - 10:02 PM.

#10 robS

robS

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 12:33 PM

Got stiffed for around £11 inc. P&P and VAT. Got it here:
http://www.a-pp.com/
That was the only place I could find that sold the blades separately.

Rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users