• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

#1 sixspeed

sixspeed

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:09 PM

Has no one got this yet? Ok, i know it hasn't got a VX in it, but thought one of the 360 players on here might have picked it up? Have to say I think it's bl&%dy brilliant! Soooo immersive - can just drive around for hours cruising the streets and racing other Live players. Got a Lotus Exige 240R, Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, Audi RS4, Nismo Nissan 350Z and a Jag E-Type in my garage at the moment! And just moved house to a nice pad on the coastline :D So who else has got this game? -andy-

#2 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:12 PM

I only started playing on Tuesday. Looks pretty good so far :) Got a TT, Stage3 350z Nismo and a Ducati 999R :) The sheer size of the island... you can drive for HOURS without seeing a load screen if you really wanted to.

#3 danyeates

danyeates

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:09 PM

downloaded the demo the other day, looks awesome!

#4 tifosi V8

tifosi V8

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:17 PM

Yep I've got it too! Too busy playing it to post anything! Driven 1500 miles so far.. :P I love this game!! Delivered 15 cars for big money so far, all of them without a scratch (although I re-started some a hell of a lot of times!). If you want big money try and do the delivery jobs without damage and you get another 50%-ish bonus on top of the $90k they give you in the first place! Cars so far: Saturn Sky (New VX?) VW Golf R32 Triumph Speed Triple Camaro Z28 Ford GT (600 bhp upgrade) Mercedes SL65 AMG (700bhp+ upgrade!) :drink: Ascari KZ1 (600bhp upgrade) Lamborghini Miura Alfa Romeo 8c Competizione I've been busted by the police twice, the second time was just after I bought the Ascari and because I didn't have enough to pay the fines they locked me up! (for 30 seconds..) Be careful out there though, if you cause enough trouble the cops can impound your car and you don't get it back! :blink: I've got a nice 8 space house in the mountains in the north west and a new 6 space home on the coast further north. I've also got my eye on a Zonda so that I can do the millionaires race (A class only). Now all I need to do is achieve the same sort of lifestyle in real life.. :rolleyes:

#5 Crimson_Killa

Crimson_Killa

Posting My Opinion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 03:44 PM

Please dont tease. I dont get paid till the 25th and cant justify a new 360 game, i couldnt wait and got Saints Row which i must say is fun but a little dissapointing compared to GTA, but at the rate im going i will have completed it soon and will trade it in :lol:

#6 Robski

Robski

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:35 PM

Please dont tease.

I dont get paid till the 25th and cant justify a new 360 game, i couldnt wait and got Saints Row which i must say is fun but a little dissapointing compared to GTA, but at the rate im going i will have completed it soon and will trade it in :lol:

Last time I looked 360 games were about £10 cheaper in Tesco thumbsup
Might pick this up over the weekend....

#7 tifosi V8

tifosi V8

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:50 AM

You won't be disappointed! thumbsup Picked up my new Zonda C12S in yellow last night :wub: Next stop, millionaires race.. Went on a cruise in my SL65 AMG with friends in a Murcie, SLR and AMV8. Left it in 4th gear most of the time as it spins the wheels off the line and powers up to 150, easily copes with those other cars B)

#8 sixspeed

sixspeed

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:37 AM

Tifosi - what's your gamertag? If you're on tonight I'll look you up and we'll have a few races ;) Current car list for me: Nero Serapis Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder Ultra Yellow Nismo 350Z Coupe (+400bhp upgrade) Sprint Blue Audi RS4 Custom Krypton Green Lotus Exige 240R (+300bhp upgrade) Racing Green Jaguar E-Type Red Lamborghini Muira Think that's it. Got a couple of properties - one on the south east coast, and another on the north east, both with 6 car garages I think. Oh, and started a "Pistonheads" club last night (for a few people from the PH forum). -andy-

Edited by sixspeed, 15 September 2006 - 10:38 AM.

#9 CocoPops

CocoPops

• 17,177 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:02 PM

His gamertag is the same as his username.... and the same as the GamerTag signature image he has :P :drink:

#10 tifosi V8

tifosi V8

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:55 PM

It's true! :wacko: CocoPops, I saw you online on my gps the other day.. if you ever see me just driving around without (N/A) by my name on the gps, feel free to join! I'm usually just on a free-ride with people on my list and the more the better! thumbsup

#11 NOBLE

NOBLE

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:15 PM

Thinking about getting a XboX 360. Do I really need it with the 20g HDD or can I get away with thte memory car thingy? The game is £50 so I wanted to get it all for £250. XboX are only £199.99 now. Craig

#12 CocoPops

CocoPops

• 17,177 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:21 PM

imho.... Buy the premium... the wireless pad is worth having, as is the hdd. ie downloaded cars for TDU are 20mb each, XboxLive Arcade games (Poker, Uno etc) are 20mb each. that 64mb mem card is soon used up.

#13 tifosi V8

tifosi V8

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:29 PM

I have the hard drive version so I can't be 100% certain, but I think you'll get away with using a memory card, although I don't know how many game saves you'll be able to store on it. You wouldn't be able to download any trailers, demos, or content like extra cars for test drive. You also get a wired rather than wireless controller with the core version, although that's no real hardship. If you could stretch for the main system I think it's worth it, because you would probably want to get a hard drive in the long run, and you would end up paying more that way. Bottom line, if you want to go on xbox live, I'd say a hard drive is a must buy. Test Drive Unlimited is all about online too. thumbsup

#14 sixspeed

sixspeed

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 02:00 PM

Thinking about getting a XboX 360. Do I really need it with the 20g HDD or can I get away with thte memory car thingy? The game is £50 so I wanted to get it all for £250. XboX are only £199.99 now.

Craig

I'd get the Premium pack. You will want more than the memory card (although it would do for a short while), plus you get wireless controllers instead of wired, a headset, and a months free Xbox Live. Worth the extra IMO (you'll only probabyl end up buying all of them at some point anyway)

-andy-

#15 lozcs

lozcs

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:57 PM

OK, bought a 360 and this game today because of this thread..... Going out now but will set it up after pub closing if anyones around..... I'll call myself lozcs Might be back for some advice.... thumbsup Lawrence......

#16 tifosi V8

tifosi V8

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 06:43 PM

OK, bought a 360 and this game today because of this thread.....

Going out now but will set it up after pub closing if anyones around.....

I'll call myself lozcs

Might be back for some advice....

thumbsup

Lawrence......

Oh, bloddy 'ell.. hope you like it then! :blink:

Sure you will thumbsup

Audi RS4 is a top motor buy the way, absolutely glued to the road!

Sixspeed, what's your gamertag? Somebody sent a request but I've no idea who it was.. :unsure:

#17 JamesH1983

JamesH1983

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 06:50 PM

Is this available on PS2?

#18 tifosi V8

tifosi V8

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:05 PM

It will be James, apparently later this year. I'm not quite sure when though.. :unsure: Edit to say that gamestation.co.uk have it listed for 1st Nov.. thumbsup

Edited by tifosi V8, 16 September 2006 - 07:11 PM.

#19 JamesH1983

JamesH1983

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:45 PM

It will be James, apparently later this year. I'm not quite sure when though.. :unsure:

Edit to say that gamestation.co.uk have it listed for 1st Nov.. thumbsup

Sweet, thanks mate. Although, i bet its probably better on a 360 graphics wise!

#20 lozcs

lozcs

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 04:38 PM

OK, I've been driving around for a couple of evenings - keep getting challanged to races by people in Lambo's (yeah right!) Pretty good game so far. Delivered some shopping for a woman :blink: ? How do I find you lot? Do I add you as friends? Lawrence...... lozcs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users