Just Better Sound (pics)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 android

android

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:49 PM

Got the car back from Swedish MDS today, they have custom built a 20 something litre box behind the seats. A 10 inch bass makes it go BOOM BOOM. Me like a lot. :-D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tomorrow I´m going to Badster.se to add some really hot parts on my car! :wub:

#2 djegiant

djegiant

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:54 PM

B) That's one way of getting rid of your rear view mirror. :D Wouldn't want to hit my head on that sub though. :beat:

#3 android

android

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:59 PM

B)

That's one way of getting rid of your rear view mirror. :D

Wouldn't want to hit my head on that sub though. :beat:

Hehe... I know. Broken skull is nothing to joke about. :-D
going to put something really soft and squishy around it. Does jello glue?

The rearview sight will be totally disappearing this weekend since Badster will put their "Exige engine top" on it.

#4 i need nos

i need nos

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:05 PM

sorry for the mixed opinion but i think it looks well, not that nice, there are many other ways to fit a ten inch sub behind and in between the seats that doesnt look so obvious, i believe the best design by far is joe-turbos effort, bet it thumps like fcuk though!

#5 djegiant

djegiant

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:12 PM

sorry for the mixed opinion but i think it looks well, not that nice, there are many other ways to fit a ten inch sub behind and in between the seats that doesnt look so obvious, i believe the best design by far is joe-turbos effort, bet it thumps like fcuk though!

Don't really think that mr Android is after the subtle look though nos. I think it looks really good. thumbsup

Be good to see some pics with the badster :wacko: bits fitted. :)

#6 android

android

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:33 PM

Right, I dont want to hide this goodie since it´s a car that we will show here in Sweden... It´s a project car for the magazine Street Xtreme where I´m the editor. The car will be a "street car" with both some music noise and race gear.

Tomorrow we´re putting on the black OZ Superturismo GT wheels, coilovers, race front and the Exige engine cover, a huge cf wing, hardtop and a lot more.

Huh huh... (YES the lens makes it look much bigger than it is - it has the same width as the rear lights)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by android, 16 November 2006 - 11:35 PM.

#7 i need nos

i need nos

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:47 PM

still like it djegiant?

#8 mandarinvx

mandarinvx

King of First Replies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:55 PM

Due to the influx of little shites trying to 'win' Anti Social Behaviour Orders, that sub (and consequently the roof) would last all of 3 seconds in most areas of Britain :( I hope the crime rate is fairly low by you :) I do admire the ambition to make something unique - I haven't seen anything like that before, and it looks great for show purposes, must admit I'm not keen on the wing tho :unsure: The badster engine cover will look brilliant, but from the picture it looks as tho it scoops air into the engine bay, where I thought the idea of the convection cooling route was to allow air to be pulled in underneath and then escape through the engine bay (unless it has vents at the back which can't be seen in the pic) :blink:

#9 djegiant

djegiant

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:58 PM

still like it djegiant?

Yep. :P

No doubt that the spoiler is a bit OTT, but this is a "show" car after all. I'm sure that with the wheels, c/overs, badster bits, etc its going to be one mad looking car. thumbsup

Nos, IMO your diffuser is just as chavvy as a large spoiler, but each to their own eh! thumbsup

#10 i need nos

i need nos

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:10 AM

well thankyou for your opinion, thats exactly what i was giving! and i have removed the diffuser cos i think they all look shite! just my opinion of course..

#11 JawZ

JawZ

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts
  • Interests:Bodybuilding, 3D/2D Gfx, Web design, Sportscars, Electronic Music.

Posted 17 November 2006 - 07:58 AM

The badster engine cover will look brilliant, but from the picture it looks as tho it scoops air into the engine bay, where I thought the idea of the convection cooling route was to allow air to be pulled in underneath and then escape through the engine bay (unless it has vents at the back which can't be seen in the pic) :blink:

The Badster cars do have cutouts in the rearclam where new vents do let the air out :)

Hard to see though as the rearview of the car is all black and so are the vents :rolleyes:

chinky chinky

#12 android

android

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 12:18 AM

Due to the influx of little shites trying to 'win' Anti Social Behaviour Orders, that sub (and consequently the roof) would last all of 3 seconds in most areas of Britain :(
I hope the crime rate is fairly low by you :)

I do admire the ambition to make something unique - I haven't seen anything like that before, and it looks great for show purposes, must admit I'm not keen on the wing tho :unsure:

The badster engine cover will look brilliant, but from the picture it looks as tho it scoops air into the engine bay, where I thought the idea of the convection cooling route was to allow air to be pulled in underneath and then escape through the engine bay (unless it has vents at the back which can't be seen in the pic) :blink:

Yeah, I have lost the possibility to use the car as a "working day cruiser", that´s a pity. But I have a garage and another car to use, so this will be a joyrider. And as such, I really dig the possibility to pump the volume! I am a big fan of loud music, it makes me fly high and enjoy the ride so much more. I have added 20 kg of stereo, but I have cut 6 kg on the exhaust by adding the Ferrita system. And now I´m going to lose some more weight by using this damn training cycle. I´m on 73 kg now, I count on cutting away 8 kg more until next season. Total sum: 6 kg more than a standard Speedster, but a GREAT stereo. You´ve got to be an optimist. ;-)

Regarding the scoop on the roof: YES - it´s not doing it´s job. But I will cut it open and put some net in it, so the hot air has somewhere to travel too. Right now it only makes the car look like a supercar, and I´m not unhappy at all. It´s not a serious race car, but a street car made to show off and turn people´s heads. And make me happy!

After these two days at Badster and CustomMania the car has completely shifted shape. It´s getting very much closer to my absolute dreamcar!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by android, 19 November 2006 - 12:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users