Pre Catted And Pipered

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, God, Family. Holidays.

Posted 02 November 2003 - 09:35 AM

Well it was a long day yestaerday and my hands are sore but i did it!!! The pre cat removal was not an easy job. The bolts connecting the rear box were a bugger and one had to be drilled out. The pre cat is a toughie also - I'm amazed that the exhaust gases can actually go through it it's so dense. While i was at it I also fitted a piperx induction kit. Sounds good at 3000 revs and upwards! Qiute a day for someone as hopeless as I am at DIY. :groupjump: Next ABS switch and front clam off. :D

#2 turboman

turboman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 12:32 PM

Mucho respect mate. Well done, notice much difference in power or is it just better throttle responce and more power low down? Wayne

#3 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 02 November 2003 - 12:34 PM

Next ABS switch and front clam off. :D

When you doing that Paul?? Be interested in helping/watching :rolleyes: !

#4 iandhd

iandhd

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 09:15 PM

Good work Paul B) That precat is a bitch is'nt it. I said I would'nt do it ever again. I definitely notice a difference after mine was out.

#5 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 10:03 PM

Mucho respect mate.

Well done, notice much difference in power or is it just better throttle responce and more power low down?

Wayne

Haven't had chance to drive it properly yet, and when i did it was p*ssing down.

Feels better in mid range but that might just be the noise!

Not sure when I'm doing the clam Cheeky. I think I'd be a bit shy being watched. I work very much by trial and error - usually lots of error!!!

P.S since yesterday I seem to have mis-laid/lost my wheel nut key. Any ideas how much for a new one anyone?

#6 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 02 November 2003 - 10:18 PM

P.S since yesterday I seem to have mis-laid/lost my wheel nut key. Any ideas how much for a new one anyone?

:beat: :beat: :beat:

I did the same the 1st time i changed my pads :( Even walked around the village loking for it!!! :rolleyes:

Had to buy a new set of locking wheel nuts, not Vauxhall ones, - i got the other one off by trying everyones at the Silverstone track evening - Streetboys fitted mine :D :D I borrowed it Imnotworthy , removed them and posted it back to him a few days later... Perhaps you could do that next weekend??

#7 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 06:31 PM

Can you not just buy one from Vauxhall? If it comes to that I can just pop across the road to Crownhill and borrow one off of one of Waynes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users