• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 12:20 PM

My Viper arrived this morning. I'm going to fit it this afternoon but need to know: - Where have you positioned your air intake: I'm guessing most people will have put theirs in the nearside air vent. Is this the best place? If so: - Have you secured it down in any way? Thanks fellas.

#2 SILVERSPEED

SILVERSPEED

• Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 03:42 PM

You are correct - mine is sited at nearside air intake. Can't answer your other question as AMD fitted it - sorry. cheers

#3 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 04:25 PM

How in fecks name do I secure the air intake to the side vent? There's no where to cable tie it to. I might have to drill a hole. :o

Edited by streetboy, 13 November 2003 - 04:25 PM.

#4 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 05:32 PM

Well it's on. It took about 30 minutes to fit and an hour fumbing in the dark looking for somewhere to attach the cable ties to. :beat: I'm going out for a blast now to see how she feels. :D

#5 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 05:56 PM

Well I didn't go very far but first impressions are good. Throttle response seems smoother and it sounds laaaaavely above 3000 revs.

#6 UKspeedster

UKspeedster

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 06:59 PM

Sounds good John - have you got the standard exhaust or sports? I've had my Viper sitting in a box for a couple of weeks and must get around to fitting it on sometime... :beat: Maybe kill two birds with one stone and you can show me how it's done if I ever get around to making my way back up to B'ham ;) Throttle response is exactly where I think it needs a bit more oomph so sounds perfect :D Any thoughts on getting a remap as well? cheers Nick

#7 Chuck

Chuck

• PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Home Entertainment, Computing

Posted 13 November 2003 - 07:11 PM

Didn't think they were still selling them due to the sensor failing.

#8 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 13 November 2003 - 07:39 PM

Streetboy has an NA and NA's don't have AMM.

#9 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 10:08 AM

cheers SB, took me about 45 minutes to fit this morning. Just been round the block and it sounds great above 3000rpm! Excellent! Car seems to pull a lot smoother as well. Can people outside hear the same roar that I can hear in the car? Wasn't too sure where to secure the inlet so it secured one zip tie to a hole near the bottom of the grill and another to that pipe at the top (don't know what it does - does anyone know what this pipe is for?). Anyway, seems pretty secure - here's a pic....

Attached Files

#10 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 30 November 2003 - 06:47 PM

cheers SB, took me about 45 minutes to fit this morning. Just been round the block and it sounds great above 3000rpm! Excellent! Car seems to pull a lot smoother as well. Can people outside hear the same roar that I can hear in the car?

Wasn't too sure where to secure the inlet so it secured one zip tie to a hole near the bottom of the grill and another to that pipe at the top (don't know what it does - does anyone know what this pipe is for?). Anyway, seems pretty secure - here's a pic....

Weel you certainly didnt waste any time fitting that!! :P :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users