Sports Exhaust - Any Advice?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TonyIles

TonyIles

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 05:08 PM

Got myself a black VX220 n/a sorted, the (reputable) dealer has agreed to fit an s.e for me, trouble is which one to get, the Vauxhall seems too loud, only want to change the back box (at present) so choice seems narrowed to Milltek and Courtenay, not 2 bothered about any extra power, or track days just want a bit more road presence, any suggestions or advice, yes I know its a common thread, but it seems choice is split, thanx!!!!

#2 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 23 November 2003 - 05:35 PM

I'm biased toward the MIlltek as I had a hand in its design and development. I'm not sure if I've ever heard a Courtenay one (however they now sell the Milltek). IMO you won't beat the quality thats for sure. Everyone will have their favourite choices (its a partisan World out there you'll find ;) ). I've not spoken to anyone who'd had a Milltek who didn't like it, thats not to say any others are bad, only that I've not spoken to anyone with one.

#3 paulb

paulb

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
  • Interests:Driving, wildlife photography, travel

Posted 23 November 2003 - 07:03 PM

I've been in a Courtenay zorsted NA and it certainly made a nice noise. According to their website, they are still selling their own exhaust for the NA and the Milltek for the turbo. I am very happy with my Milltek. It makes a nice bark when you open the throttle, has a great burble on the over run but isn't droning at constant throttle...

#4 Jim_Cross

Jim_Cross

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 07:08 PM

Paul...if I make it to Hethel, any chance of a p-ride (if some kind sole will lend me a helmet ;))? Still tempted by the thought of a Milltek :)

#5 B4D_VX

B4D_VX

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 07:54 PM

I was certainly impressed with how Streetboy's 2.2 sounded with a Milltek exhaust on it - admittedly the full system. It burbled and gave more of a roar on full throttle but didn't drone.

#6 Ratspants

Ratspants

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 09:00 AM

the Vauxhall seems too loud

Pah! I use mine as a daily commuter car and it's fine! B)

I'll caveat that by saying that I've just ordered a K&N induction kit and am waiting for a cat-bypass pipe (should one ever appear) for EVEN MORE NOISE, so I'm probably not of sound mind when it comes to these things ;) When you're driving it though and are in control of the noise, it's big smiles!

Ben

P.S. There was a vote and a few threads about the 'best sounding' exhausts...can't find them at the moment though

Edited by Ratspants, 24 November 2003 - 09:00 AM.

#7 paulb

paulb

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
  • Interests:Driving, wildlife photography, travel

Posted 24 November 2003 - 10:46 AM

Paul...if I make it to Hethel, any chance of a p-ride (if some kind sole will lend me a helmet ;))? Still tempted by the thought of a Milltek :)

Jim

No worries on a passenger ride. The car may be a bit noisier as will have had quite a lot more work done on it by then...

Paul

#8 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 24 November 2003 - 11:01 AM

No worries on a passenger ride. The car may be a bit noisier as will have had quite a lot more work done on it by then..

whats the latest info?? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users