Vx220 With 15" Rims All Round

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wirestriker

wirestriker

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:04 PM

Some months ago I saw on the forum a heavily modified vx with 15" rims all round, but after a lot of searching I didn't find anything. (it was not Dude's racing Speedster, it was another one painted in Renault orange/gold) Someone could post a link please? What do you think about 15" rims for track use?

#2 Winstar

Winstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:00 PM

That's Meldert's car in Renult Liquid Yellow

Edited by Winstar, 21 May 2007 - 02:10 PM.

#3 meldert

meldert

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:06 PM

Some months ago I saw on the forum a heavily modified vx with 15" rims all round, but after a lot of searching I didn't find anything. (it was not Dude's racing Speedster, it was another one painted in Renault orange/gold)

Someone could post a link please? What do you think about 15" rims for track use?

Do a "proper" search... ;)

My Renault liquid yellow one:
http://www.vx220.org...showtopic=38690

And a bonus picture with brake (original caliper and original sized disk) clearances showing:
Posted Image

Dudes race car (huge thread) this is in the middle with a pic of the wheels. there are probably more later on in the tread.
http://www.vx220.org...pic=4634&st=160

15" inch rims with 195/55 tires up front and 225/50 at the rear works great and getting A048 or r888 is alot cheaper than in a 16/17 inch combo.

The diametre and circumference will get about 4% less than with the standard Wheels so your speedometer will show 4% too much (the ABS will not have any trouble since it's a small change and the relative size between the tires (and therefor the relative speed) will remain the same as original). The smaller tires will also give you about half an inch of drop in ride height.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users