Vx Dealership Crashed My Vx220

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

#21 Teramyke

Teramyke

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:36 PM

This really sucks if i were you i'd write a letter to vauxhall uk explaining your position and how you feel entitled to a replacement car because frankly when you come to sell a repaired car people will be put off and why should you go from a perfect example to a tainted one. Secondly tell them how your considering going to the local newspaper and posting a video on youtube with your experience. That may get their asses in gear. good luck

#22 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 27 July 2007 - 06:13 AM

Bletch would be a good person to contact, same happened to him. Any pics ofthe damage?

#23 justin182

justin182

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:05 AM

what a joke.. sorry to hear that mate.. everytime i put my VX into Vauxhall i always give them a letter stating i dont want anyone driving, and if it needs a test drive, then contact me and i will take one of their mechanics out.. hope you get a new monaro or something for free :)

#24 BradW

BradW

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:08 AM

Sorry to hear of your bad luck! Something that interested me other than the main point to your thread was the fact they had quoted an hour to do the recall. I could be worng, but I thought it was a bigger job than that?...that may indicate the dealers inexperience with the VX220. Is the Vauxhall dealership involved actually approved to service the VX220? Good luck with your claim...I just don't know how :angry: I would be in your situation. Terrible.

#25 ChazUwe

ChazUwe

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Computers, Drinking and travelling about.

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:21 AM

I tell you one thing I wouldn't accept a repair! You need to take them to the cleaners and make sure you are fully compensated for any distress and inconvenience caused!! Hope it gets sorted out in your favour!

#26 trescoman

trescoman

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts
  • Interests:Retirement ASAP, <br>Driving<br>Carp fishing<br>Football<br>kids

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:24 AM

also have a very good Solicitor to hand to deal with your claim.
chinky chinky

Jas
:(

I have to agree with Jas, get a good Solicitor, the few hundred quid (if that) will get you on the road quicker, nothing like the threat of legal action, to get them running around........costs, compensation, new car etc will make them focus.............. :P

Where's partridge when you need him :unsure:

Good Luck thumbsup
Bob

#27 n1k_ns

n1k_ns

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts
  • Interests:Date Of VX First Registration: 01/03/2002

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:53 AM

Gutted Mate!

I was told that Vaxuhall are no longer allowed to drive VX220's due to the amount that have been crashed, it has to be collected and dropped off via flatbed.

I tried to search for a similar thread but i can only find This one where the car was crashed by a tuning company.

I would not even consider having the car repaired, you will be stuck with a CAT D or C car and lose £ks when you come to sell again, they should fully compensate you (and the rest) :beat:

Just like when someone hit my old car when i was stationary, it was 100% their fault and when i took it to get fixed, they were just going to repair the old bumper. I made a fuss about it and they didnt have a leg to stand on, not my fault so why should i accept a repair job rather than replacement? Got myself a new bumper/exhaust etc thumbsup . You deserve a new car!

#28 stu-vx200

stu-vx200

• 9 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:04 AM

Hi guys thanks again for all your advice, I am taking note of all your suggestions and I do want a replacement car as now I have an accident damaged car at no fault of my own. Does anybody have a telephone number for VX head office that they could pass on to me thanks again?

#29 MIKE_VX

MIKE_VX

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:06 AM

If I were you I would forget trying to get it repaired. Basically, request that they pay you back the full amount that you paid for the car, so that they are effectively buying the car off you. They can then get it fixed and resell it later. You should also look for some sort of compensation, say £500, or a voucher for a full set of tyres when required etc. (I would say free servicing, but by the sounds of it that's the last thing you would want to do) As said before, no point ranting and raving about it, that won't get you anywhere - set up a meeting with the head of the dealership and state your case. There is no way I would accept a repair, as it won't be worth as much afterwards......

#30 trescoman

trescoman

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts
  • Interests:Retirement ASAP, <br>Driving<br>Carp fishing<br>Football<br>kids

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:10 AM

As said before, no point ranting and raving about it, that won't get you anywhere - set up a meeting with the head of the dealership and state your case.

If you are going to do this take a Solicitor with you.................your'e worth it :P

#31 Ratspants

Ratspants

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:42 AM

Bletch would be a good person to contact, same happened to him.

The garage that wrote-off his VXR dealt with the matter very swiftly and on their insurance, if I recall. I'd keep calm and find out what they are going to do about it. I'm sure/I'd hope they're pretty worried about this and will want to keep you sweet.

I'd be tempted to ask them to buy the car off you at the price you paid for it and find another? Depends how attached you were to that one I guess - there are a number of reputable repair places, I'm sure a bunch have already been mentioned on here.

Ben

#32 Kalim00

Kalim00

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:45 AM

Seeing how the press latch on to certain stories - if t was me, I'd be *very* tempte dto go to at least the local news withthis, if not somenoe more reactionary like our good friends over at the Sun. This is truly appalling "service". Not only that, but t clearl shows the monkey who drove your cr was either really hammernig round the car park (how do you lose control in a carpark at carpark speeds - sub 10mph??) or is a really bad driver - either way, they should *Not* be driving other people's cars. Stuff like this makes me so angry, espeically as nothing will come of it. The guy who crashed it probably feels a bit silly, he might get a bit of a p1ss-taking by his boss, but that's it. It's you who has to go thruogh the stress and hassle fo trying to sort it out. Call the press! That's what I say. Light a fire under Vauxhall. kali.

#33 johnaachen

johnaachen

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts
  • Interests:Karting, F1, golf, tennis, binge drinking, giving up smoking

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:09 AM

Yeah make sure you mention the whiplash you sustained in the crash too! :P

#34 2GOOD

2GOOD

Old Timer zzz...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts
  • Interests:My little red car of course!
    & the matt black vee twin thingy...

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:14 AM

Does anybody have a telephone number for VX head office that they could pass on to me thanks again?

Stu, sorry to hear this, but it's no good chasing Vauxhall, it's nothing to do with them (I'm assuming that the car is second hand & you didn't buy it from a Vauxhall dealer). If your going to speak to a head office, you need to contact the company that owns the dealership that crashed the car.

#35 BradW

BradW

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:41 AM

Does anybody have a telephone number for VX head office that they could pass on to me thanks again?

Stu, sorry to hear this, but it's no good chasing Vauxhall, it's nothing to do with them (I'm assuming that the car is second hand & you didn't buy it from a Vauxhall dealer). If your going to speak to a head office, you need to contact the company that owns the dealership that crashed the car.

...though of course Vauxhall ought to be interested in any franchise that is potentially damaging its name.

#36 Rosso Rebel

Rosso Rebel

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:49 AM

Absolute nightmare - you must be gutted. Personally I wouldn't accept the car back as, as has been said, it will be classed as accident damaged and de-value the vehicle. I'd speak to your insurance company to point you in the direction of some-one who can tell you your rights in this matter. And totally agree - keep calm, but be firm with what you want from them, you're the customer and they've caused the damage to your vehicle. Sure they don't really have much of a leg to stand on?

#37 andyr

andyr

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:01 PM

Sorry to hear your news Stu IMO the advice about telling them to seek an alternative through the Network Q would be the best advice just remember (while being reasonable ish!) to refuse anything you are not entirely over the moon with ;) Good luck!

#38 2GOOD

2GOOD

Old Timer zzz...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts
  • Interests:My little red car of course!
    & the matt black vee twin thingy...

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:28 PM

...though of course Vauxhall ought to be interested in any franchise that is potentially damaging its name.

Not defending what's been done (don't forget my background ;) ) but think of the scale of things, there would have been more clout if the car had been purchased from the dealer aswell & more again if bought new. Yes Stu could tell Vauxhall if he wished, but if he was expecting anything to be done about it, he'd be disappointed, it's hardly a franchise losing matter, hence my comment speak to the company that holds the franchise.

#39 CheesyPuff

CheesyPuff

• PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Interests:Dogging

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:53 PM

Sorry to hear this its bloody awful, as said above I bet the SUN wont want to get involved with this one. I wouldnt accept a repair as thats not the condition of the car when you left it in their care, I would push for them to purchase the car from you so that it can be replaced with one you are happy with. Unfortunatly this sort of thing goes on alot moer than the public know, I know a guy who has worked for a few higher end car dealers as a mechanic and some of the stories Ive heared would put you off using most. Its good for me as I get help as he now works for a Poxhall dealer, but the stunts they pull are shocking and all paid for by the customer. Darren...

#40 loopylou

loopylou

• PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:55 PM

my husband's saab has been in and out of various saab dealers in the last few months with gearbox trouble, the other day he was doing something to the windscreen when he noticed that somebody has scraped the roof of the car then attempted to patch it up really badly - it obviously must have been done recently in one of the garages, but we don't know which one so can't do anything, they're all proper saab dealerships and they pull this sort of scam on us - so it's not just vauxhall that are complete buggers.....!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users