• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 01:51 PM

I'm booked in at AMD on Thursday morning for the Stage 2 remap (240 bhp and 240 lb/ft torque). I'll post my impressions on Friday (after I've had a play). :D

Edited by streetboy, 08 December 2003 - 01:53 PM.

#2 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 02:15 PM

Nice one! Imnotworthy You'll have to take us out for a spin on Saturday.

#3 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 03:50 PM

You'll have to take us out for a spin on Saturday.

Deffo! Although it might literally be “for a spin” if I'm not careful with all that torque. B)

#4 SILVERSPEED

SILVERSPEED

• Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 03:57 PM

If I remember correct my stage 2 at AMD gave me about 255 bhp and 260 lb/ft . Will be interesting to hear your RR readings. Rest assured you will be very impressed - when it hits 5k revs its like someones put a jet rocket behing you. Enjoy

#5 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 04:03 PM

If I remember correct my stage 2 at AMD gave me about 255 bhp and 260 lb/ft.

Even better! Imnotworthy

#6 SILVERSPEED

SILVERSPEED

• Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 05:15 PM

Streetboy I assume its a VXT only your member details show VX220?

#7 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 05:20 PM

Streetboy I assume its a VXT only your member details show VX220?

Whoops. cheers mate, I forgot to update my profile.

It's a VXT with the full Milltek and Viper.

Did you have plugs or anything else done while you were at it?

#8 SILVERSPEED

SILVERSPEED

• Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 06:06 PM

I had the Induction and Milltek done initially - then Re-map - nothing else done to engine. Considering Stage 3 but need to save money for CC first. Have to say I think I am getting close to needing one at stage 2 level with the levels achieved on my car. AMD did not advise me to change plugs but did have EBC discsand pads - no point going fast if you cant stop!! Good luck with the re-map and just take care on the way home !! cheers

#9 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 06:11 PM

AMD did not advise me to change plugs but did have EBC discsand pads...

Already got the EBC disks and pads, and I've got racing fluid and braided hoses under my desk. Just need a free weekend to get them fitted. :(

#10 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 01:35 PM

B*LLOCKS, SH*T, F*CK, W*NK, C*NT, T*SS, A*SE, TW*AT, B*STARD!!!

Drove down to AMD this morning for my remap. 2 hours to get down there and 1 hour in the waiting room to find out …

…MY AIR MASS METRE IS fcuked. :angry:

So, not only did I not get my remap, but I’ve also been told to ‘take it steady’ until the metre is replaced. Just what I wanted to hear 2 days before Hethel! :beat:

The rolling road showed a drop in fuelling at higher revs, so I know it’s running lean and I’ll be down on power. But how would I have know if AMD hadn't checked it out? There are no warning lights lit on the dash.

I’m very grateful to the boys at AMD for finding the fault. And I’m sorry that I wasted ½ day on their rollers.

I’m hoping that my dealer can get a replacement metre by tomorrow; otherwise I don’t know what I’m going to do.

What will happen if I ignore the fault and track as normal on Saturday? I know in extreme cases the turbo can overheat, but is that really likely to happen in this case?

It’s all really disappointing. :(

Still look on the bright side; if I’m not tracking on Saturday I can get seriously ratted on Friday night. :D :drink:

#11 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 02:09 PM

Gutted for ya mate - that's a real bitch, but you don't need me to tell you that. Dunno what the mechanical consequences of that are, sorry - Someone on here must know...

#12 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 11 December 2003 - 02:13 PM

Oh dear. Just sounds like a typical Streetboy excuse as to why he'll be behind me.... AGAIN! :P :P

#13 Bengie

Bengie

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 02:54 PM

I know this is like comparing apples and oranges, but when the MAF failed on my Astra, I didn't get any indication that there was a problem, apart from the fact that I knew it was down on power ... I asked at serveral services (i.e. it was like it for at least 20/30k miles) if there were any fault codes showing, but there wasn't anything ... The only indication I got was twice, the ECU light came on, and the car went into Limp Home mode - and as it was a diesel, it was _really_ slow then! I put a new meter on, and the difference was amazing! Really eager to rev again, _so_ much more power all over! 10k miles later, I'm sure the new one had failed - but gave the car to my Sis and got the VX, so didn't bother to replace it again. I'm sure I've read that one some cars they become almost consumables. Hopefully you'll get one in ASAP - I didn't have to order mine, they were in stock. It took about 2 mins to change. (I know that yours will probably be a warranty job) *fingers crossed* that it all gets sorted!

#14 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 02:59 PM

Oh dear. Just sounds like a typical Streetboy excuse as to why he'll be behind me.... AGAIN! :P :P

You only want me behind you because you like it up the ass bitch. poof

Anyway, problem sorted. It's booked in at my local dealer tomorrow to have the meter replaced.

Thank feck for that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users