2003 52 Silver Vx Na Immaculate Condition 13,800 Miles

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:18 PM

copied from the PH ad:

http://www.pistonhea...ales/213168.htm

Up for sale is my much loved VX220. I have owned this car for a year and had a brilliant ownership experience but sadly we have decided to sell both our cars and get one to use daily instead.

I spent around 3 months looking for a good VX. Although they are usually well looked after it’s hard to find a truly mint example. I found this VX 120 miles away from me but it was worth the 5 hour round trip to collect it!

Unusually this car comes totally complete with both an original Vauxhall silver hard top (totally unmarked and pristine worth £500-600) and two matching VX220 luggage bags. These bags fit perfectly in the car and really should stay with it in my opinion although they would probably sell for around £100 on “well known auction site” There is also the original Vauxhall car cover again worth around £100 and in totally unused condition.

The car has full main dealer service history and all bills etc. I have recently changed the pads (For mintex 1144 as they are regarded as the best available brake pad for the VX)

The Interior of the car is unusually clean. These cars pick up scuffs marks and knocks really easily especially if they are used as daily transport. This car is only used on dry weekends by me as it was by the two previous owners. There is a small wear mark on the centre console where the seat rubs it when you slide forward but this happens without fail on all vx220s. The seats are unmarked and unusually the driver side bolster is totally unworn.

The exterior of this car is exceptional. It has had the film paint protector fitted from new so there are none of the usual “to be expected” stone chips peppering the front of the car as you often see. That said there is one chip on the bonnet that has managed to get through the film and one flake of paint underneath the headlight. Other than that the whole exterior of the car is completely immaculate with regular washing and polishing using the best products and often having the wheels removed and cleaned too (See pics).

Mechanically the car is again totally faultless as you would expect given the low mileage. Other than servicing and a brake fluid/inter service oil change the car has never required any work whatsoever. The car still feels “tight” and literally drives like a new car. There are no knocks, rattles vibrations or anything usually associated with VXs.

There are some small deviations from the original spec which I will list below. If your familiar with the VX 2220 you will know these changes are sympathetic:

Original head unit removed and replaced with Pioneer mp3
Original speakers removed and replaced with infinity speakers
Original Airbox (supplied) removed and replaced with pipercross filter (purely for a bit of noise)
As mentioned above the brake pads were changed from OE spec Vauxhall to mintex 1144

If you have any other questions not covered above please get in touch. I think the description relays the fact that this is in my view an exceptionally good example and as such politely ask that I’m not contacted with any silly offers for the car. If you want a cheap VX there are lots out there but if you want a genuinely good one with no faults/flaws an in as near to new condition as possible this is it. Obviously given the lengths I went to to find the best VX possible you can be assured this car is HPI clear and never had any kind of crash or repair work whatsoever.

I will not be offering a test drive in the car (unless I’m driving) until a deposit is taken although obviously any AA/RAC inspection would be welcome. I have no problem with anyone having a thorough poke around the car.

The car is priced realistically given the exceptional condition at £12,500. This would be reduced to £12,000 if purchased without the hardtop (Please don’t email me asking to buy the hardtop it will be put on “well known auction site” if it becomes available) Given the effort myself and previous owners have gone to to keep this VX as good and complete an example as possible I would prefer it if the hardtop was sold with the car.

Pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:29 PM

slightly better res pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Winstar

Winstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:55 PM

I hope your going to be buying something worthy of coming to the Pistonheeads Pub meet with. This is one of the best condition NA's I've seen, Jonny is fastidius about keeping clean, FFS he even cleans the insde of the alloys :o and no that's not a one off for the sale. :wacko: Good Luck with the sale

#4 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:59 AM

Up ya go. Still here due to timewasters (x2) this weekend!

#5 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:52 AM

well shes still here! Tholught this would have sold straight away! Nobody looking for a mint VX?

#6 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 01:46 PM

Now sold :( not a forum member but new owner has been informed about the site!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users