• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 griffo

griffo

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 02:54 PM

[FONT=Impact]
I fitted the E-charger (see back a coupla pages) over the last few days. Quite complicated cos I fibreglassed the motor into the airbox rather than run it in the inlet trunking. Seats and trans tunnel had to come out for the wire runs. Had the first drive (in the wet) today. It certainly makes an interesting noise when it cuts in --seems to boost top end power but that's just a subjective feeling till I get it dynoed. Motor is a ducted axial flow turbine drawing 50 amps/700 watts and shifting 700 cfm at 22,000 revs. Its only rated for continuous use for max 15 secs so you wire it to cut in on full throttle only. Gains are claimed to be 4 - 6%. Theoretically producing a pound or so of manifold pressure should be a great improvement over fitting expensive inlet manifolds and fancy air filters which, at best, can only decrease manifold vacuum.
Griffo

#2 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 21 December 2003 - 07:36 PM

that's gonna be interesting....dyno anytime? can't help but thinking its a big scam, but I hope I get corrected! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users