Photo

Panasonic Lumix Fz8 Digital Camera (hybrid)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vxtboy

vxtboy

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 10:01 AM

I have a Panasonic Lumix FZ8, brand new in box, only taken out to check it all works with a couple of test shots.

I bought this from Jessops for £230, plus a £25 case and £20 memory card, so about £275 worth of gear.

The reason I don't want it is because I decided to just get a Nikon D40x instead as I want to learn more about photography and would be better off with an SLR for what I want it for.

The FZ8 is often regarded as the best hybrid (cross between compact + slr) superzoom camera you can buy, takes much better pictures than the more expensive Sony and the image stabilization is amazing. It also has a Leica lense...which speaks for itself.

Check out some reviews and you'll see what a great camera this is, brilliant if you don't want the hassle of an SLR.

Anyway, I'm aware they are cheaper online, seen them for about £180 without the accesories, so I'm asking for £170 with the 1GB SD card and the case.

Postage would be about a fiver I expect, maybe a bit more for special delivery.

(There is of course the warranty with it too and I also have the receipt)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Snozzberry, 16 October 2007 - 10:37 AM.

#2 robfenn

robfenn

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Photography, Travelling, Racing Cars.

Posted 16 October 2007 - 10:43 AM

I have one of these alongside my Canon SLR and have to say the difference is indistinguishable. For someone who wants professional looking shots without the complexity of using different lenses it is a decent buy.

#3 vxtboy

vxtboy

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 10:54 AM

Absolutely, I was quite surprised at the amount of control you have over the settings and it's much easier and quicker to take a decent picture with than a DSLR if you don't know exactly what you're doing. I wanted to experiment with different lenses though hence the reason for getting a DSLR instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users