• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ratspants

Ratspants

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 02:07 PM

If it is possible to buy just the backbox section from an aftermarket vendor then this would indicate that it must fit onto the standard centre section. Does this also mean that an aftermarket centre section will fit onto the standard backbox? I've currently got a standard centre section and the vauxhall sports backbox. I like the idea of removing the pre-cat but much prefer the idea of buying an aftermarket centre section that has no pre-cat and a proper sports cat - would it fit? I'm thinking about getting the miltek centre and leaving the vauxhall sports exhaust on for a while (for maximum noise B)) with a view to getting the miltek backbox for track use at a later date. Can I mix and match aftermarket manufacturers e.g. miltek centre and regal backbox? I'm sure that these components are designed to work in tandem so it's best to stick to a single manufacturer for both, this is a purely hypothetical question about fittings. cheers Ben

#2 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 03:04 PM

Logic would say yes - I can't see a reason why not. But then what do I know.... I'd be extremely surprised if they did not fit. Like you say, the milltek backbox fits nicely either onto the standard or milltek centre section. Therefore the join type and location of the standard and milltek centre section must be the same, therefore a VX sports backbox should also fit onto the milltek centre section as it's designed to fit onto the standard section which we've already demonstrated has the same join type and location as the milltek centre section. I must admit this is something I have thought about before. Sorry, I've pretty much said the same thing as you! Anyone want to prove us wrong?

#3 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, God, Family. Holidays.

Posted 31 December 2003 - 03:40 PM

Interesting thought as I listen to my wife drive up the road in my VX with the Vauxhall Sport exhaust just fitted. Burble, Burble,...noise noise,...Pop, pop,...burble burble... got it beacuse I thought the milltek was a little underwhelming (on the turbo anyway..haven't heard it on the NA) What difference would the Miltek centre section make over a pre cat removed standard section. Surely it's only the cat that could make much difference and would that do much???

#4 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 31 December 2003 - 07:34 PM

Its the cat (and removal of pre cat) which give most of the gains. Milltek will fit standard and their own centre section but on VXT I dont think they'll fit a Regal back box as Regal chose 3" pipe rather than 2 3/4" on the Milltek. I could be wrong though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users