Easy And Cheap Way To Upgrade Tyres

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 calbee

calbee

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 02:18 AM

Hi, I don't have a fortune to spend but Im looking for a way to improve grip on the standard tyres. Does anybody know if the AD07 fit into the standard rim and if they and provide sufficient grip for road use (i.e. fast mountain drive).

#2 barrybethel

barrybethel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 09:26 PM

The short answer is no i'm afraid. At least not on the front, which are a unique size. Only the Bridgestones fit, unless you get different front rims. Thorney and I both have Yokohama a048 tyres, standard size rear and 195 width 16's on the front. These are new Lotus Exige tyres available only through Lotus dealerships. They are similar to cut slicks, very grippy and road legal. For wheels I would suggest Speedline multi-spokes. Thorney is developing them and I believe they should be available in a month or so......not much else will fit. I have oz superleggeras but need to use special washers to make them fit. Hope this helps.

#3 R1 nur

R1 nur

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts
  • Interests:Aerobatics, Cars, Bikes, Birds, having fun.

Posted 04 January 2004 - 09:35 PM

I think Cheeky Chops put some other tyres on. Not much point doing anything during the winter IMO unless the you do not plan on using the car much.

#4 BogBrush

BogBrush

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 12:11 AM

Cheeky has got Bridgestones on iirc. I've got Toyos on the rears. They seem to grip better in the dry but are worse in the wet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users