kipper

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • Interests:Things that rotate.
    Smoking various types
    of fish.

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:05 PM

By God that was quick..an excellent guide, especially with the references to the Geo setup. Insert some of your splendid pictures and it would be near perfect. chinky chinky

#522 Marco Polo

Marco Polo

• PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Cars and tracks :-)
    Roller skating in Paris
    Diving
    Wife and kids

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:52 AM

Excellent ! Thanks Paul chinky chinky

Edited by Marco Polo, 11 July 2008 - 04:53 AM.

#523 Muncher

Muncher

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:43 AM

I now have some more complete kits in stock so those who are waiting can have their ones now. techieboy - I have your nut and bolt :) jarl - I have your turbo collets to send you.

#524 Mr_M

Mr_M

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:43 AM

they had to do a fair bit of jiggling on my Jimsan

Was that extra? :rolleyes: :P

Honest M'lud - no money changed hands, they were just nice like minded people who I happeend to meet at a party ;)

#525 Winstar

Winstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:11 AM

10. Using a 6mm drill-bit drill through the 4 small holes on each bracket. Too make this easier we recommend using a drill bit extension device such as the one made by Bosch and sold at hardware stores for approximately £15.

NB. If you are fitting the brace bar kit you only need to drill the two top holes on the bracket.

The min clerance hole diameter for a M6 bolt should be 6.4mm clicky so better to use a 6.5mm drill bit. And on the NA you can drill the exhaust side by unbolting the u bend flange and lifting it clear with a jack.

#526 Muncher

Muncher

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:04 AM

Ta, yeah I used a 6.5mm drill but was knocking up the guide quickly :P As an alternative I found that you could jack the exhaust section slightly but the easiest way I found was with the extension bit. If anyone is over at Courtenay soon they will be able to have a look at the kits there:)

#527 Muncher

Muncher

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:17 PM

jarl's collets went today techieboy's bolt went today Tom Murtagh, Max Rice, Philippe Gacek and Ernie Wright's ones have a courier booked for monday.

Edited by Muncher, 11 July 2008 - 01:18 PM.

#528 MAXR

MAXR

I’m jealous of Batman’s driving skills

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Golf, classic Ferrari's

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:00 PM

jarl's collets went today
techieboy's bolt went today
Tom Murtagh, Max Rice, Philippe Gacek and Ernie Wright's ones have a courier booked for monday.

Cheers Paul!

#529 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:44 PM

Tom Murtagh, Max Rice, Philippe Gacek and Ernie Wright's ones have a courier booked for monday.

Thanks Paul, much appreciated. It turned up at some point Friday or Saturday whilst I was at Goodwood. chinky chinky

#530 kek700

kek700

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:27 AM

muncher... can you confirm you recieved my cheque for £150 with my french address. cheers. ernie.

#531 Tom

Tom

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:43 PM

Been told brace bar came today thanks Paul

#532 Muncher

Muncher

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:35 PM

muncher... can you confirm you recieved my cheque for £150 with my french address.
cheers.
ernie.

Yep :)

#533 Morgan9122

Morgan9122

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:40 PM

Sewell M J (paid BACS) £115/£135 due
Ernie Wright (cheque) ?
Member 220 (chaps) £125/£145 Due (sent with Marco Polo's Kit)
David Boulbes (sam3703) £125/£145 Due
L Meaney (MEAGY) (BACS) £10 due
K D Smith (BACS) ?
Marco Polo (Chaps) £125/£145 Due (along with "220's kit))
Dollen Mr K/Ipca (BACS) £115/135 Due
Tom Murtagh £115/£135 due
VXR37 £115/£135 due

Stands as follows, I really want it all sorted by thursday as I'm off on holiday then for 2 weeks

Paul,

On above list (K D Smith) but with no amount next to my name?

Can you confirm if i can still get the brace bar for £135 (including new modified brackets)

Kevin

Edited by Morgan9122, 19 July 2008 - 07:44 PM.

#534 Muncher

Muncher

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:46 AM

Kevin, sorry I thought I had replied to this :/ I will speak to Spitfire on Friday and find out. Meanwhile, from those of you that have fitted them, in particular the brace bar how are you finding them? I know there have been quite a few positive experiences, Steve Guglielmi at Scared Stifff has asked for a custom made version for his racing Elise for instance. There were a few who were going to get a few trackdays under their belt with it, have those done so yet?

#535 MAXR

MAXR

I’m jealous of Batman’s driving skills

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Golf, classic Ferrari's

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:18 PM

Paul, I've not tried my bracebar as yet, but I think I may have clearence problems fitting it with my 2ubular exhaust. So if anyone is interested in a new spitfire bracebar watch this space! mine may become available soon.

#536 Muncher

Muncher

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:26 PM

It'll always be very tight, best to try it and see. (offering it up doesn't take long at all) There were a number of people who sent me pics saying they didn't think it would work with a Miltek etc but it did :)

#537 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:48 PM

Meanwhile, from those of you that have fitted them, in particular the brace bar how are you finding them? I know there have been quite a few positive experiences, Steve Guglielmi at Scared Stifff has asked for a custom made version for his racing Elise for instance.

There were a few who were going to get a few trackdays under their belt with it, have those done so yet?

It'll always be very tight, best to try it and see. (offering it up doesn't take long at all)

There were a number of people who sent me pics saying they didn't think it would work with a Miltek etc but it did :)

Scared Stiff/Guglielmi Motorsport couldn't fit my brace bar unless it was on it's very lowest setting because it wouldn't clear the bottom bend of the Milltek. However at it's lowest setting it would have meant dropping the diffuser (TAT short) by at least 40-50mm to clear the bar. Dave at Scared Stiff spent a good amount of time on the phone to Spitfire, so top marks to Spitfire for technical support. Scared Stiff could have had some spacers machined locally to drop the trailing edge of the diffuser down, had I wanted to. But, I elected not to try and fit it, pending decisions about a 2Bular system and/or a new diffuser. So, they ended up drilling the holes in the subframe and elongated them to match the slots in the brackets so that I can do it in future. Was hoping the new "MMG" diffuser would work but having had a look at it, I'm not overly impressed by the quality of manufacture so won't be going down that route.

On the plus side, the tie rods fitted a treat and in conjunction with the new carrier bolts and geo, meant I could give the car the necessary abuse at the National, safe in the knowledge I was as well protected on the suspension front as I could be. thumbsup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users