Traction Control

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#141 Buchos

Buchos

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:03 AM

So...what I've found is that by setting Cut 1 at 1%, Cut 2 at 5% and Cut 3 at 10% I can go from absolutely no wheel spin allowed at all with the controller set to 0% slip, to the original version of 0% by setting the controller to 4% (say for just mildly damp conditions) and then anything beyond at settings above this.

Followed your advice on the cuts and set mine for 1,5,10%. That really does make a difference to the control at low settings , cheers thumbsup

#142 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:33 AM

care to send me your settings file rturner? mail at guysleeman.co.uk

#143 rturner

rturner

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:31 PM

care to send me your settings file rturner?

mail at guysleeman.co.uk

Sent...

#144 Lou1s Cyphre

Lou1s Cyphre

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:07 PM

Couple of images of my Digital adjuster (along with RLTC) all expertly supplied and installed by Chris Franklin at Centre Gravity.

I haven't really had chance to fully test it, however initial thoughts that in the dry set at 10% the cuts where to aggressive so I turned it to 24% and it was spot on, then the heavens opened so I changed it to 0% and it worked spot on. I would be grateful if anyone could E-mail me there settings at ianconway01atntlworld.com to see how they compare.

Posted Image

Posted Image

chinky chinky

#145 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:26 PM

http://www.guysleema...Guysettings.dat
http://www.guysleema...r36settings.dat
http://www.guysleema...nersettings.dat

Edited by Guy182, 02 April 2008 - 10:28 PM.

#146 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:20 PM

The racelogic system is great provided you're ECU doesn't detect a hard engine cut, at which point you'll go onto two or three cylinders (The ECU is detecting for misfires so when the traction control cuts the cylinders the ECU thinks its a failure so it cuts the injector to save against cylinder damage). No problem switch the engine off and restart and the ECU resets, however you'll have to go to a Vauxhall garage to have the fault code removed which is just a reset on the comm. Its only a problem when youre doing track days with very tight hairpins I found.

You can reprogramme the ECU to stop the detection altogether but i got round it by adjusting the levels.

Has anyone else experiened similar problems? and would fitting the VXR wheel sensors help?

Cheers
Ian

I've experienced the same problems. (Only on the circuit.) I have reprogrammed the ECU not to detect misfires anymore by increasing the lower limit up to 9999 RPM. (lower limit is there for the engine to stop/start)
I find it very dangerous when this 'safety program' cuts in suddenly and your car drops from 350BHP to 50 and you have no time to explain to the cars chasing behind you.... :blush:

I've had the same work done, it is dangerous and its a good point anyone doing a track day with the Racelogic TC fitted should be aware that if a hard cuts detected you'll lose power with the possibility of someone up yer chuff before you can do anything about it.

:closedeyes:

Cheers
Ian

had this detection on my ECU. sat there with the launch control limiting it at 4kish and the ecu went into limp home mode.

unfortunately i didnt note down the error code.. does anyone know which one it is??

courtenay are removing the error code from going into limp home mode on my ECU so could do with finding out which one it is.

#147 rturner

rturner

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:03 PM

Couple of images of my Digital adjuster (along with RLTC) all expertly supplied and installed by Chris Franklin at Centre Gravity.

I haven't really had chance to fully test it, however initial thoughts that in the dry set at 10% the cuts where to aggressive so I turned it to 24% and it was spot on, then the heavens opened so I changed it to 0% and it worked spot on. I would be grateful if anyone could E-mail me there settings at ianconway01atntlworld.com to see how they compare.

Posted Image

chinky chinky

Nice tidy install....better than mine which is now velcro'd just above the centre console! Wanted something that could be undone if (perish the thought) I were to sell the car...

#148 Lou1s Cyphre

Lou1s Cyphre

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:45 AM

Posted Image

chinky chinky[/quote]

[quote]Nice tidy install....better than mine which is now velcro'd just above the centre console! Wanted something that could be undone if (perish the thought) I were to sell the car...[/quote]

I did consider locating the adjuster in the same position as Buchos, but the dispaly is not very clear from the drivers seat, and I wanted to watch the cuts graph to see as and when it was working, so I took the plunge and decided to install it in my dash. The cutting of the hole was relatively easy with the Dremel but on the adjuster it was another story as the PCB is securely glued to the box along with the 4 screws in the cover plate so again it was another job for the Dremel; but as you can see it looks the business and is ideally located to read / adjust whilst driving.

I have uploaded Guys settings and they are spot on, so thanks for sending them to me Guy. chinky chinky

#149 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:14 PM

The racelogic system is great provided you're ECU doesn't detect a hard engine cut, at which point you'll go onto two or three cylinders (The ECU is detecting for misfires so when the traction control cuts the cylinders the ECU thinks its a failure so it cuts the injector to save against cylinder damage). No problem switch the engine off and restart and the ECU resets, however you'll have to go to a Vauxhall garage to have the fault code removed which is just a reset on the comm. Its only a problem when youre doing track days with very tight hairpins I found.

You can reprogramme the ECU to stop the detection altogether but i got round it by adjusting the levels.

Has anyone else experiened similar problems? and would fitting the VXR wheel sensors help?

Cheers
Ian

I've experienced the same problems. (Only on the circuit.) I have reprogrammed the ECU not to detect misfires anymore by increasing the lower limit up to 9999 RPM. (lower limit is there for the engine to stop/start)
I find it very dangerous when this 'safety program' cuts in suddenly and your car drops from 350BHP to 50 and you have no time to explain to the cars chasing behind you.... :blush:

I've had the same work done, it is dangerous and its a good point anyone doing a track day with the Racelogic TC fitted should be aware that if a hard cuts detected you'll lose power with the possibility of someone up yer chuff before you can do anything about it.

:closedeyes:

Cheers
Ian

jees! had this happen to me twice round cadwell today.

eased it to the pits once and restarted car then went back on track

the next time i just switched the ignition off and then restarted it while i was rolling on track :rolleyes:

#150 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 02:06 PM

buchos.. do you have an ABS cut out switch fitted?

if so hows it wired in?

i was thinking of cutting where the X's are and putting switch in,,.

Posted Image

#151 'Buchos'

'Buchos'

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:33 PM

buchos.. do you have an ABS cut out switch fitted?

Hi Guy,

Mine cuts both wires (not necessary, but I had a two pole switch) going to the passenger side sensor. The cut was made in the loom midway where it is clipped along the back of the radiator. After fitting the TC I moved the cut up near the ABS Controller so it was before the TC connections.

Around jan/Feb I got an elise 111R ABS controller from a breaker for £50 and have not had to turn the ABS off since.

thumbsup Still using a map you posted for the TC BTW, excellent. thumbsup

#152 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:41 PM

i have the vxr abs computer too (well an exige one) but not sure if it was holding my braking back on track, so wouldnt mind throwing a switch in so your switch is where my crosses are? any chance you could switch ABS off and check the tc still works? cheers :)

Edited by Guy182, 22 June 2008 - 06:42 PM.

#153 'Buchos'

'Buchos'

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:44 PM

i have the vxr abs computer too (well an exige one) but not sure if it was holding my braking back on track, so wouldnt mind throwing a switch in

cheers :)

Can't believe you don't have a switch already, why are you still alive :)

One thing to note, I wired it to a switch on the dash and the ABS kept throwing up a fault, so I guess it didn't like the extra connections or length, I later added a relay and it has been OK since.

#154 'Buchos'

'Buchos'

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:47 PM

any chance you could switch ABS off and check the tc still works?
cheers :)

I did all my TC setting up with the ABS off, no effect.

Should have added I only cut one wire when I moved it, but for some reason I have it in my head it was a yellow wire :unsure: I'll check...

#155 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:57 PM

how bizarre.. i was thinking of cutting the yellow anyway, its the front left i think?

#156 'Buchos'

'Buchos'

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:08 PM

ABS controller looks something like this

Posted Image

Always cut the yellow... :D

#157 manus

manus

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:50 PM

had this detection on my ECU. sat there with the launch control limiting it at 4kish and the ecu went into limp home mode.

unfortunately i didnt note down the error code.. does anyone know which one it is??

courtenay are removing the error code from going into limp home mode on my ECU so could do with finding out which one it is.

Think its a code 136 (which you can reset with a scangauge)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users